Monday, August 14, 2017

An Update

Last month, I alluded to some changes I’m in the middle of implementing. Unfortunately, I still can’t share much yet, but I will reveal what one of those changes are, so you guys can better understand why I’ve been quiet here lately…

My site’s moving to a new webhost.

While I’ll miss aspects of my current one, I’ve had enough issues with it over the years that I wanted to explore my options. And I’m glad I did, since this new webhost will make managing my webcomics so much easier. Have already transferred over 90 pages worth of content there and only have about 250 left to go.

It’ll be a while before you guys can see my new website, but not because of the work involved. Websites cost money, which I don’t have much of, as an artist. Been spending long hours every day doing whatever I can to supplement my income. Might have the means to launch this website before the end of the year, but because of how pesky life can be, I can’t guarantee that.

Anyone who wants to help, in the meantime, can check out my online shop, where I have desktop wallpapers for sale. I’m also available for art commissions!

And, of course, supporting me on Patreon is an option, too. For just $1, patrons get access to WIPs, high-res art, and early announcements. Everyone pledging $5 can also see new art before everyone else—sometimes months in advance!—as well as content that will never be posted anywhere else.

If you’re an Echo Effect fan, Patreon is an especially good place to be right now. That’s because this webcomic is still updating regularly for $5 patrons, despite being on hiatus elsewhere. (They’re already six strips ahead of everyone else!) Not a patron? Here’s a glimpse of what you’re missing…

Everything's fine, obviously.

Already a fan of that horror comic I’m developing? I post lots of fun content for The Undeath of Me there, too!

I still have a lot of work ahead of me, so I’ll end this post here. Maybe collapse from exhaustion, too…

18 comments:

  1. Exciting! I hope your plans for moving to the website goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the new site. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck! I'm looking forward to seeing the new website!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck getting the new site up and running. I can imagine what a job that must be! I'm looking forward to seeing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very exciting, Heather.
    It is pricey. I just recently dropped my site. I get more hits on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whew! You've been some kinda busy, girl! It sounds like a lot of work moving to a new site, but I wish you well with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you've been super busy. I'm glad you're new webhost is working well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the move - 'only 250 to go' = Yikes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely can't wait. I still get itches for more Echo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the move. I hope everything works out smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with the site move, hope it all goes well. I will look forward to visiting when its ready.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope everything goes well with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds very exciting! I know it will awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just revamped my website, and I know it can be a chore, and nothing's free either. But it's all part of being an artists, right? At least you draw awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm in the middle of the same thing, so I do understand what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't wait to see the new site. Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good luck with moving to the news website.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good luck with the website move! I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete