Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Some Fun (and Not-So-Fun) News

First, the bad news: Echo Effect probably won’t return till February at the earliest. My eyes have been in a lot of pain lately, which has made it hard to ink and color on the computer for too long. Even though I’ve been making some good headway despite this, I don’t think I can post a new strip this Friday without pushing myself more than I should. (As a self-employed artist, it’s easy for me to spend 10+ hours on my laptop every day. Been trying to cut that time in half for the sake of my eyes.)

I do have some exciting news to share, though! Because I’ve needed to scale back on my computer usage, I’ve had the chance to work on a fun new side project for my horror comic. (No, not Spencer’s prequel. Something else!) While this project will require a computer eventually, I still have a lot of traditional drawing ahead of me before I need to worry about the inking/coloring stage. Everyone supporting me on Patreon can learn about this side project here. Will hopefully be able to reveal more about it publicly within the coming weeks!

I also posted a two-page comic of Jay and Spencer on Patreon this past week! Click here for page one, and here for page two. (This is something I’d been working on off/on for months, in case anyone’s wondering why I had the time to finish this, but not a new Echo Effect strip, haha.) Might be another month or so before I can share this on my blog, but here’s a preview, in the meantime…


(Jay’s such an elegant sleeper.)

Will be logging off soon to work on that side project some more, and probably some other things, too. Hopefully my eyes will recuperate enough for me to spam you all with art and comics again come February!

13 comments:

  1. I understand all too well about the eye pain. A few years ago I had to cut back on how much I read and limit my computer time because of dry eyes and eye pain. I've been taking eye drops and krill oil to help the dryness. I hope yours gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The side project sounds exciting! So sorry about the eye pain but I hope it will improve soon. We will all be waiting for you whenever you are able to get back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stare at my computer all day and several hours in the evening - you definitely need to rest your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear that you've been in pain. Please take care of yourself—and I hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Heather you should definitely rest your eyes a while. I know when I've been sat too long in front of the computer sometimes and it really does hurt. Hope you enjoy working on your regular drawings for a while. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry about your eye. I've been offline and away from the all the happenings, but I'm sending healing cheese your way. Definitely don't push yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, sorry to hear about your eyes. Rest up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rest up those eyes. Hope you feel better soon:) No drooling while you rest though;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry to hear about you eye pain. I totally understand (and some wrist discomfort too). Working on computers is fun (I think), but certainly not without it's downsides. :/ Hope your eyes feel better soon and hope the traditional art goes super well in the meantime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the new project!
    I love Jay's pillow:)
    So sorry to hear about your eyes. Giving them a rest sounds like a good idea.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry about the eyes, but glad that you have a project that you can work on without the computer for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I commiserate. I desperately need new glasses but for now just keep sliding them to the end of my nose and squinting. It's great you have something else not too demanding to work on. I can't wait to find out what it is!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear about the strain on your eyes. Yay to traditional work, though. Back to the basics.

    ReplyDelete