Friday, November 18, 2016

Echo Effect

Feels like only yesterday I announced how my webcomic would be going on hiatus. It wasn’t yesterday, though. It was three months ago. Which means…Echo Effect is back!


The latest strip can be read on my website or Blogger. If you support me on Patreon, a high-res version can be found here. (Select patrons can see the next two strips already, too!)

Now that Echo Effect has returned, I plan to update it on a weekly basis—Fridays, specifically. (Click here to see exactly when new strips will show up!) I really hate how sporadic the schedule has become in recent years, so I’m going to do my best to keep that from happening again. There will probably be a couple weeks in December where I post fluff instead of an actual comic strip, but you guys will still see something each Friday, the gods willing.

(Each Friday of 2016, at least. My inner pessimist suspects I might have to update Echo Effect every other week in 2017. Hopefully not, but still, you’ve been warned, haha.)

In other news, there’s less than two weeks now to request a one-of-a-kind ACEO! This is a free perk for everyone who’s currently a patron, or becomes one during the month of November. So, if you’ve ever wanted to own some personalized art of Nicholas, Coco, or any other character of mine, you definitely don’t want to miss out on this. More details can be found here!

18 comments:

  1. Awww. I love the new strip! I like how you add in so many details and there are always possibilities, like right now, knowing about Nicolas and some of his background, I'm wondering a bit about Coco.
    Thanks for the update!
    One of these days I'll get back to Ashes Burn. I didn't like my rough draft stuff, and I have been just sitting on it. It's not a comic, but it's tiny words project which is kind of odd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much! So glad you enjoyed the latest strip. I can never resist sneaking in hints to things in my comics. Some of those hints will never be explored fully, but others definitely will, which I hope will make EE fun to re-read for people, since they'll be able to see certain strips in a new light.

      I absolutely adore Ashes Burn, so I'm willing to wait for its return as long as necessary! There have been EE strips I've posted in the past that I wish I'd spent more time on, but posted anyway to meet a self-imposed deadline. So, if you're not ready to update Ashes Burn yet, then I think it's wise to wait. Best of luck with it!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex! Really hoping I can avoid another hiatus for a while, LOL.

      Delete
  3. It's so nice to see it return finally!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Going to do my best to keep it from going away again for a while...

      Delete
  4. Yay for EE! My fingers are crossed that you won't have to take another hiatus, but we'll still be waiting for our EE injection. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope so, too. LOL. If only I could figure out how to draw faster! All my attempts just seem to burn me out...

      Delete
  5. Keep going, Heather. Your strip is fun and it looks as if it's getting a lot of attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, my webcomic is pretty unpopular, actually, especially compared to other people's. (Some that aren't even as old as EE have gained hundreds of readers already.) I'm very grateful for the few people who seem to be enjoying Nicholas and Coco's story, though!

      Delete
  6. Holy cow! Coco finally admitted she loves Nick. And he's happy! Great new strip, Heather! And thanks for dropping by my blog and commiserating about the choice of font. It IS hard, isn't it? But I got some feedback from peeps and finally chose. The book will be re-released soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Was hard keeping that strip secret from most everyone for months, LOL. And that's so great about the font feedback! Glad you were able to finally settle on one. Looking forward to that re-release! :)

      Delete
  7. Hi, I'm new here and I've never heard of a webcomic before (should I be admitting this in public?) How cool!!!! I will have to check it out...after work.... Christy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! :) Everyone discovers webcomics at different times, so there's no shame in just learning about them...

      Delete
  8. Yay! Just in time for me to go on break. LOL. I seriously think it's awesome how you put up these comics. If I had any more ambition, I would totally be inspired by you and start one of my own. But I don't. Kids take all the ambition with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Echo Effect will only be updating once a week, so you won't miss too much during your break, LOL.

      Delete
  9. Yay, it's back:) Looks great, and don't listen to that inner pessimist either;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's better for me to listen to my inner pessimist, though. My inner optimist is always wrong and makes me incredibly depressed as a result...

      Delete