Friday, March 18, 2016

Scared of Everything

Because I can’t seem to stop drawing concept art for that horror comic I’m developing, here’s Spencer with his dad, sometime during the 1940s. (He was born in 1939.) He was still human at this time, obviously…


(No one tell this precious scaredy-cat that he ends up becoming a vampire when he’s older. It’d probably make him cry.)
_________________________

A high-res version of this piece can be seen on Patreon, if you pledge $1 or more! Want to see art like this days before everyone else? Pledge $5 or more instead! New concept art of Spencer and Jay is up for my $5+ patrons already, but it’ll probably be another week before I get around to sharing that here. There’s also some new concept art for the third volume of Echo Effect! This will never be posted outside of Patreon, though. (Gotta spoil my $5+ patrons with exclusive content, after all!)

22 comments:

  1. You have just made Spencer even more interesting, and I didn't think I could be any more fascinated than I was! :) Have a terrific weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Christine! Wait until I'm able to share more about Spencer. You might end up becoming even more fascinated than you are now! ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm loving your characterization of Spencer! Great job on making him so unique with so many interesting quirks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lexa! Spencer's been a favorite of mine for over a decade, so I'm glad you've been enjoying the glimpses I can share of him so far! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. LOL, glad this is relatable, in some way! :P

      Delete
  4. Spencer's dad seems like he's thinking, "Not again!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yep! Wasn't sure if I drew this well enough to have that be obvious, so I'm glad you were able to notice... :)

      Delete
  5. He is precious! Love the expression on his dad, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love any chance I have to draw Spencer with his dad... :)

      Delete
  6. went back thru some posts - yay for your commission with nana prah! she's so cool! and your toons are outrageous as usual!
    looking up =)
    happy monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tara! Glad you enjoyed my recent pieces! :)

      Delete
  7. can't wait to learn the story of how he became a vampire :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I can't wait to share it! His backstory will be one of the darkest things I've ever written and drawn, I think...

      Delete
  8. Hmmm ... I guess he was not a vampire material! I love to see how he accepted his new nature! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. His dad looks thrilled. I'm looking forward to learning how he became a vampire. That was probably some encounter with the vampire who turned him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spencer's path to vampirism was pretty traumatic...and that's as spoilery as I'll get for now! ;)

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. I obviously can't share how he became a vampire yet, but...it was pretty traumatic, needless to say! >:)

      Delete