Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Hiatus

My laptop died on me last night. (I'm using someone else's computer to type this up right now.) So, needless to say, I have no choice but to go on hiatus until I can purchase a replacement.

Echo Effect is on hiatus now, too...obviously. I may draw all my art and comics traditionally, but I ink and color them digitally. Completing anything new is going to be impossible until I have a new laptop. This frustrates me, since I was almost done with strip #214 of Echo Effect. And let's not forget the fact that all my income is currently earned through Patreoncommissions and other online jobs. So, no computer, no income. Thanks, universe.

If I'm lucky, I'll be able to get a new laptop within a couple weeks. I think it's safe to say I'm not lucky, though. (My TV also died recently, and the one I ordered isn't even in my possession yet, since stupid me didn't answer the door in time when UPS arrived.) There's a good chance I won't be able to return to the blogosphere till May.

So...yeah. Apologies for the hiatus. I had attempted to catch up with everyone's blogs yesterday, but my laptop thought it'd be fun to thwart those plans instead. Here's some new art of Jay and Spencer, if anyone's interested in checking that out. And if you're a fan of Echo Effect, it's celebrating an anniversary on April 15th. This is the day Nicholas and Coco first popped into my head. So, once April is here, I've been torturing these characters for four full years. (You guys have only been seeing this torture for a little over three years, though.) Feel free to celebrate this anniversary while I'm away...or chase me with pitchforks until I learn to stop torturing them. Whichever. I will never stop torturing them.

Anyway...here begins my hiatus. Will catch up with everyone when I can!

22 comments:

  1. Nothing to apologize for. Life happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, yeah. Life is such a nuisance sometimes!

      Delete
  2. Nothing like a forced hiatus. Sorry for the techno-troubles. Hope everything gets straightened out quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hasn't been that quick, but at least I managed to find a new laptop before May! XD

      Delete
  3. That's tough, but things will work out eventually. At least the pen still works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, true, but it was still incredibly frustrating, especially since I need a computer to earn an income!

      Delete
  4. Sorry about your laptop! No desktop computer you can use?
    Hope you can pop in for a moment on April 15. If not, we'll celebrate for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no, I don't own a desktop computer. Starving artist, and all that! XD

      Delete
  5. Oh no! Sorry to hear about the laptop. Hope to see you back sooner rather than later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back now! :) Well, as long as this new laptop decides not to wig out on me, haha.

      Delete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear about your laptop. It sucks when our daily tech tools die on us. I hope you get a new one soon.
    Happy versary for Coco and Nicholas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry that happened! I hope you are able to get a new one soon. I hope you are back in time for the anniversary - if not we can all celebrate later. :)
    Take care, Heather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't soon, but I finally have a laptop now! (And today's EE's anniversary, ironically. Didn't think I'd be back in time for it, but here I am! LOL.)

      Delete
  8. NOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Heather! I think my entire world would collapse if my computer died. *gulp* I hope you're able to replace it soon.

    Crystal Collier

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, a collapsed world is a great way to describe it. (Didn't realize exactly how much time I spent on art via a computer till it was taken away from me!)

      Delete
  9. So sorry to hear!! I hope you had all your files backed up... best of luck, hope you get a new laptop soon ! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, had them backed up! It's going to take forever to transfer everything over to my new laptop...LOL.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. With the hiatus as forced as it was, I experienced more stress than enjoyment, LOL.

      Delete
  11. Hiatus must come at some time, so yours came when it would. Sorry about the death of the computer, but hope the new one has more stamina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I use my laptop for countless hours each day as an artist, it'll probably only last as long as my previous one, if I'm lucky, haha.

      Delete