Thursday, March 10, 2016

Cute When Homicidal

It’s been nearly three months since I last shared some concept art of Jay and Spencer. (Where did the time go?!) Sooo…here’s some concept art of Jay and Spencer!


STOP FLIRTING WITH VAMPIRES, JAY.

Want to see a high-res version of this piece? Just pledge $1 or more on Patreon!

Speaking of Patreon, my $5+ patrons have been getting lots of exclusive glimpses lately, when it comes to this webcomic-in-progress. They now know what the title is, for example. It’ll probably be months before I’m brave enough to share it here on this blog.

My $5+ patrons have also been the first to see art of Spencer’s human days. This piece of him as a teen will most likely never be posted outside of Patreon. (Will I make more art of Teenage Spencer to share everywhere? Most definitely. Can I guarantee when? Not really.)

And because I can never resist killing people with cuteness…my $5+ patrons have gotten an early look at Spencer’s childhood, too. (Spencer with his dad, to be exact.) This piece will be posted on my blog eventually, but because my $5+ patrons always get first dibs on my artwork, it’ll probably be a week or more before it is.

I’m now going to go work on some concept art of Jay’s childhood, ‘cause my muse will forever think horror should be accompanied by cuteness, apparently…

21 comments:

  1. Glad you've had a lot of patrons sign up and pledge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, I don't have a lot, actually. Artists who've set up Patreon pages after I did even have 10x as many patrons as me already. But I'm very, very grateful for the couple I do have...

      Delete
  2. I love horror combined with comedy & cuteness! I think you have a great premise and great characters here. I hope you get many more pledges on Patreon - you deserve it 'cause you're a sweetie and very talented! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lexa! Glad to know I'm not the only one who enjoys cutesy and comedic horror. I doubt I'll ever have too many patrons, though. (It's still hard to convince people to check out my work for free!)

      Delete
  3. You're cute when you're homicidal. Ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems like Patreon is working out for you. Spencer looks ready to rip Jay's throat out. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spencer's probably ready to do that on a daily basis... ;)

      And I wouldn't exactly say Patreon has been working out for me. I've been able to keep it updated regularly with lots of fun content, and I do enjoy posting there, but getting patrons is hard. I doubt I'll ever be as successful as others there...

      Delete
  5. Love Jay's cluelessness . . . or obnoxiousness, not sure which it is. Does he poke lions with sticks for fun?
    Glad that Patreon is working for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He might, if he had the opportunity... :P

      And like I said to Cherie, I don't really feel like Patreon has been working for me all that well so far. It disheartens me, a lot of the time. I plan to keep updating it regularly, though, on the off-chance it ends up interesting more people in the future!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you! Spencer would probably try to disagree with you on that, though... ;)

      Delete
  7. Gah, I can't get enough of these two lately! Makes me so glad to be a patreon and see all these pieces before everyone else is! I hope all this taunting is bring you more patreons. They'd be crazy to miss out on all this cute horror. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you've been enjoying the early updates! I doubt this post will convince people to check out my Patreon, but at least I can entertain you with my silly art! :P

      Delete
  8. I'm not familiar with these two but for some reason I feel the need to ship them. Why??? What are you doing to me, Heather??? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwahaha! Feel free to ship 'em. I've actually been waiting for someone to say they do! ;)

      I've been posting concept art of these two for the past year, but not consistently, so those pieces have been easy to miss. They can be found in the "projects in development" tag, though!

      Delete
    2. Awesome! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! :)

      Delete