Thursday, March 3, 2016

Comic Review: Grumpy Cat and Pokey! #1

Grumpy Cat and her perky brother Pokey are back in a brand new series from Dynamite! While the first had only lasted for three issues, this one will have six. (Anyone who remembers my reviews for the original can likely guess how ecstatic this makes me!) Here’s a glimpse of the mischief you'll find in the first issue…

  • “A Grump in the Grass”: Grumpy Cat tries to become a poet! (Story by Ben Fisher. Art by Agnes Garbowska.)
  • “The Tallest Tree”: Grumpy and Pokey compete against some neighborhood cats to see who can reach the top of a tree first. (Story by Ben McCool. Art by Steve Uy.)
  • “Grumpy Cat, Hidden Doggie”: Grumpy helps Pokey fall asleep with a story set in ancient China. (Story by Elliot Serrano. Art by Ken Haeser.)

There’s also a motivational poster at the end of this issue that’ll make even the grumpiest of grumps crack a smile.

Needless to say, the first issue of the new Grumpy Cat and Pokey! series is a must-read. I can’t get enough of these adorably hilarious kitties!

"A Grump in the Grass"

19 comments:

  1. I can never look at Grumpy Cat without smiling! He just cracks me up!

    (Thanks for stopping by my blog. I added fontsquirrel to my list as per your great suggestion!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grumpy Cat is the best! :) And I'm glad you liked the suggestion!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Grumpy about summer! *LOL* It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize there were different authors and illustrators. That is really cool! Do the styles blend well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends when it comes to the art. Some styles only feature subtle differences, while others--like Ken Haeser's--are much more distinct. They're all cute, though, and there's never any confusion over which character is which!

      Delete
  4. Oh Grumpy Cat! Love Grumpy Cat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's so cute. lol I continue to hear Aubrey Plaza voicing her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely cute! Don't think I've ever heard Aubrey Plaza's voice work for her. Guess I should change that some time!

      Delete
  6. I didn't even know there were Grumpy Cat comics! Obviously I missed your first reviews. LOL hilarious. How did poor Grumpy get stuck with such a perky brother? Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's just that lucky, I guess! :P

      I wouldn't have known about these comics, either, had I not discovered them by accident last year. I'm so glad I did. They've quickly become a fave of mine!

      Delete
  7. Happy weekend, Heather:)...And Grumpy Cat:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandra! Hope your weekend went well! :)

      Delete
  8. I didn't know these were comics - way better than the memes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough, I was only vaguely aware of the memes before stumbling upon these comics. Grumpy Cat is amazing in comic form, for sure! :)

      Delete
  9. Me and Grumpie Cat are on the same page as far as Summers go. ;)

    I really need to get this comic. I added the HC to my wishlist on TFaw. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The comics are a lot of fun. Hope you enjoy them whenever you have the chance to check 'em out! :)

      Delete