Friday, February 12, 2016

Webcomic Updates

Been a while since I last did one of these posts. Because I have more Echo Effect strips than normal to link to today, I won’t get too rambly with trivia…

#205 (Website / Blogspot)

#206 (Website / Blogspot)

#207 (Website / Blogspot)

#208 (Website / Blogspot)

#209 (Website / Blogspot / Patreon)

Already want to see more? Strips #210 and #211—in high-resolution!—are up early on Patreon. (If you can’t afford to pledge, don’t worry, these strips will also be showing up on my website and Blogspot eventually.) I shared some concept art for the third volume of Echo Effect, too. (This piece will never be posted outside of Patreon. It’s an exclusive for my lovely patrons!)

Now, for some trivia:

  • The woman in these strips is Nicholas’ attacker. I like to hope that’s obvious, but since she’s only shown up in the webcomic twice before now—and the last time was way back in 2014—I feel like I’d mention that here, in case anyone needs a refresher. (Nicholas doesn’t know that she’s the one who scarred him up, although he definitely suspects, since Payne had alluded it was a woman of some kind.)
  • I had to do a lot of damage control for some of these strips. For example, I’d drawn the door opening the wrong way in strip #206…but didn’t notice till I was nearly done coloring it. I also didn’t like the original outfit I had drawn for the woman, so I did my best to come up with something different while inking strips #207 and #208.

I’m going to stop rambling now, in order to work on new Echo Effect strips. We’ve finally reached the arc I’ve been eager to draw since 2012, so yeah, I hope you guys end up enjoying what’s ahead!

27 comments:

  1. That's a lot of strips! Glad you caught the door opening the wrong way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, yeah, as frustrating as it was to fix that door, I'm glad I caught it before sharing the strip online. Would've been head-desking so much otherwise!

      Delete
  2. Glad you spotted that door even if it did mean you had to re-do the colouring. Hope the new pieces are going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was more than just re-coloring. I also had to re-ink it, restructure the background, delete a hand, etc. If only I'd noticed the problem with the door during the penciling stage! LOL.

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to see them! Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christine! I hope they don't disappoint!

      Delete
  4. It's looking great, Heather. Happy V Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved looking at the pics on your Patreon page. That woman is definitely creepy! Awesome to see you have a patron already. You deserve all the support you can get. If I weren't in Egypt with no Paypal or other way to send money, I'd support you. Wishing you a lovely weekend & many more patrons! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lexa! I'm doubtful I'll ever have too many patrons, especially since it's hard enough to convince people to check out my work for free, but it's nice to hope!

      Delete
  6. Nice to read a little of the "behind the scenes." That woman is definitely creepy!

    Have a Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sherry! Hope you have a fantastic Valentine's Day, as well!

      Delete
  7. I always love the fun facts, even if they're about how frustrating mistakes can be. It's so interesting hearing about the process. Also, as a patreon pledger, I have to say I'm LOVING getting to see the strips before everyone else. Everything's getting so tense in Echo Effect land, it's so much fun! ;)

    P.S. Mentioning Payne made me realize how much I miss him. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! I'm glad you've been enjoying my Patreon page so far. Strip #212 of Echo Effect will likely be up on Patreon within the next day or two... :)

      And LOL, I kind of miss Payne, too. I used to have some fun scenes planned for him in volume two, before I realized this woman would make him think twice about sticking around!

      Delete
  8. Awesome sneak peeks! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Great facts. I always remember things I've read after I get into a new installment, but it's great to go in with a heads up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Crystal! Since others have forgotten, and even misremembered, things from Echo Effect before, I like to be on the safe side and give a refresher from time to time...

      Delete
    2. It's a good practice. I've decided there are very few people out there with a memory for literature like mine. I can't read a book twice. Can't. (Unless it's for study.)

      Delete
  10. I'm definitely enjoying what's going on in the story. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cherie! Hope you'll continue to enjoy it after seeing the twists I plan to throw in... ;)

      Delete
  11. Oh, man.. I do a lot of damage control with my writing, I imagine it's way more annoying/frustrating with drawing because you can't just backspace. I'm not even close to caught up with current, but so far it's pretty neat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, the lack of a backspace is definitely frustrating. If I catch a mistake early enough, I can sometimes rely on the undo button in Photoshop...but I'm not usually that lucky! XD

      Delete
  12. but, but... what happened between #210 and #211? what did he do to Coco??????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He didn't do anything to Coco! And that's all I'll say for now... :P

      Delete
  13. Oh no, did somehow he dream himself into a "yes" or did his attacker just make an assumption? I hope Coco is okay.

    ReplyDelete