Thursday, January 7, 2016

Comic Review: The Misadventures of Grumpy Cat and Pokey! #2-3


Some of you may remember how much I loved the first issue of Grumpy Cat and Pokey’s misadventures. Well, I’m happy to report that the next two issues are just as awesome! If you’re in the mood for something fun and adorable, you really can’t go wrong with this feline duo. Grumpy and her brother Pokey do everything from messing around with cell phones to conversing with space aliens! All three issues of this mini-series are being collected together for a February release, so if you missed out on the floppies, you still have a chance to read them in lovely hardcover form!

I had been sad that this series was ending after just three issues, but then I found out a new one is premiering as soon as February! And it’s going to be six issues long this time, too! As should surprise none of you at this point, I’m pre-ordering all of them. The folks at Dynamite did a stellar job with the first mini-series, so I have no doubt that the same will be true for the second one, as well.

The Misadventures of Grumpy Cat and Pokey! #2

18 comments:

  1. I take it Pokey is a happy cat to offset Grumpy?
    My wife would think this series is cute. I wonder if it's available in electronic form?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, very happy! :P

      I quickly checked Comixology, and there seems to be e-copies of this series there!

      Delete
  2. We love cats- I'll have to show this to my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This series is definitely perfect for cat lovers! :)

      Delete
  3. Grumpy cat cracks me up! What an adorable comic series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More than adorable! Grumpy Cat really shines in this medium... :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. My dog can have a bit of a grumpy side, too! :P

      Delete
  5. Pokey seems like a perfect foil for Grumpy! I bet those two get in a lot of trouble. Heh-heh. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yeah, those two get into tons of mischief. It's fun to read about! :)

      Delete
  6. Glad to see you're still enjoying this! And I'm excited about the collected volume for the first three - I'll definitely be checking that one out! I need a fluffy, fun cat themed comic in my life. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll most likely be getting the collected volume, too, despite owning all the issues already, LOL. I'm hoping it'll have all the variant covers in it! But even if it doesn't, the stories are awesome enough to own a second time... ;)

      Delete
  7. Makes me laugh all the time. Great comic series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely! Can't wait to check out the second mini-series... :)

      Delete
  8. First I've heard of this series! And so adorable and cute. My daughter would love this comic. I've never known her to NOT have a cat. Good to know there are e-copies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a fun series. Grumpy and Pokey get into heaps of mischief that I'm sure many cat owners can relate to! (Barring stuff like time-traveling and alien-meeting, of course. LOL.)

      Delete
  9. These two are so cute. lol I haven't gotten the comics yet, but I love seeing them on Instagram.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The comics are worth every penny! Such a fun read... :)

      Delete