Saturday, September 5, 2015

20 Things

As many of you have probably noticed, I’ve had trouble blogging this year. This has resulted in me falling behind on memes. How behind? Well, Athina from Between My Lines tagged me to answer twenty questions about myself way back in February, so…uh, yeah. *shameface*

Since I’ve been trying to get back into the swing of blogging, here are those answers to those twenty questions!

How tall are you?

I’m the shorty in my family at 5’7”.

Do you have a hidden talent? If so, what?

I cross-stitch things. (Not exactly a hidden talent, but I don’t bring it up much here, so…)

One of the many things I've stitched, and easily the most complicated so far.
Hopefully I make less mistakes for the next one this complex!

What is your biggest blog-related pet peeve?

Blogs with automatic music players. I’m usually listening to my own music when browsing the 'net, so I don’t need some random song blaring at me unexpectedly.

What is your biggest non-blog related pet peeve?

When people know someone loves something, but still criticize it harshly to their face.

What’s your favorite song?

It’s a tie between the Section Quartet’s cover of “The Nurse Who Loved Me” and Santino Fontana and Laura Osnes’ version of “Loneliness of Evening.”





What is your favorite ETSY shop?

I love purchasing art from Starline Hodge’s Etsy shop. (She’s the creator of the webcomic Candi.) Here’s one of the pieces I’ve ordered from her over the years.

What’s your favorite way to spend your free time when you’re alone?

Art, art, and more art…

What’s your favorite junk food?

Blue chips.

Do you have pets?

Yep! I have a Chihuahua/Corgi mix named Brandy…

*kills you all with cuteness*

What are your favorite fiction and non-fiction books?

Not sure about non-fiction, but Lynne Ewing is my favorite author when it comes to fiction, especially her series Daughters of the Moon and Sons of the Dark.

What is your favorite beauty product?

Gluten-free lipstick. (I’m especially fond of "Drama" from Red Apple Lipstick.)

When were you last embarrassed?

When am I not embarrassed?! (No, seriously. I cringe to death whenever I do something as simple as post art…)

If you could drink one beverage for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Water. I have a disorder that causes everything to smell/taste metallic at least 50% of the time, so water is one of the few things I can tolerate whenever it acts up.

What’s your favorite movie?

Hocus Pocus.


What were you in high school? Prom queen, nerd, cheerleader, jock, valedictorian, band geek, loner, artist, etc?

The quiet girl. (One guy who saw me talk at a party around the end of high school blurted out loud for everyone to hear, “OH MY GOD I THOUGHT YOU WERE MUTE.”)

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?

Exactly where I’m living now.

PC or Mac?

PC. Have never used a Mac.

Last romantic gesture from a crush, date, boyfriend/girlfriend?

Hahaha. I’ve never even received a first romantic gesture…

Favorite celeb?

Don’t think I really have one? Uh… *flails*

Which blogger do you secretly want to be best friends with?

Now how can that keep being a secret if I blurt it on my blog? ;)

***

Now’s when I’m supposed to tag others, I think. I’ve been so out-of-the-loop with the blogosphere, though, that I don’t have a good sense of who's done this meme already, or who might even have the time for it. So, if any of you are interested in answering these questions on your own blog, consider yourself tagged!

15 comments:

  1. Some interesting question and answers for this meme! Brandy is a cutie :) and the cross stitch looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That specific cross-stitch is one I made for my sister. (It took me a year or two to complete, I think. LOL.) And Brandy is even cuter in person! ;)

      Delete
  2. It still always makes me shake my head when you say the "shorty" of your family at 5' 7"... I'm the "tall one" in my family at 5' 1" HA!

    It felt good to read all these questions and already know the answers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, my sister's six feet tall, so I can't really trick my brain into thinking I'm tall, too. LOL.

      Delete
  3. Cross sticking, wow! It's so detailed!

    Hocus Pocus! And how about that sequal?! I've always wanted a sequal while at the same time I didn't..torn! AARGH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sticking--erm, stiching eh, stitching.

      Delete
    2. Heh, yeah, I'm kind of wary about the idea of a sequel. I never felt like it needed one. If they can match the charm of the first one, great! But I'm not really sure that's possible...

      And LOL, it's too easy for me to jab myself with those cross-stitching needles sometimes, so sticking still fits. XD

      Delete
  4. I loved reading your 20 answers! Your dog is such a cutie and that cross-stitch of the angel is incredible! I love Hocus Pocus too - and basically anything with Bette Midler in it. Have a lovely week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lexa! Hope you have a great week, too! :)

      Delete
  5. Cross stitching looks like a great talent. I wouldn't have known there were any mistakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nick! The biggest mistake to me is the hand. I really flubbed up on the back-stitching for it! The other mistakes are far less noticeable...

      Delete
  6. Hey! You made it!! I'm so glad you publish this post, Heather! :)

    Cross sticking! I used to do that when I was much younger though. It was very interesting.

    I'm a PC fan too. I've used MAC very little times but I wouldn't change my PC!

    Oh, I love that color of the lipstick! ;)

    Thanks for sharing, Heather!
    Have a great week!



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yep, I made it! Can't believe I slacked off on this for so long... >.>

      I can't ever imagine changing my PC, either. Someone once told me they were surprised I didn't have a MAC, since "that's what artists use," and I was all, "WTF? Since when?!" XD

      Delete
  7. I shall! Because I have nothing to blog today, and I'm supposed to. lol

    ReplyDelete