Echo Effect is back! It returned in July, actually. I’ve done a poor job of promoting the new strips here, so I’m going to try getting back into the habit of that. I’ll be sharing some trivia as I do, too, to make this more interesting for longtime fans…
- This outfit of Coco’s was also seen in strips #52-65. (I like to have my characters re-wear outfits a lot. Helps make the story feel more real.)
- Stubborn me inked this with a computer mouse, since my Micron pens are too stupid to have this wondrous thing called an “undo” button.
- I didn’t know what kind of dessert Nicholas made until I was in the middle of typing up the text in Photoshop. (Shortbread was one of the contenders.)
- Thanks to Corona Zschüsschen, this was the first strip I inked completely with a drawing tablet!
- Nicholas is a lefty, so shaking hands with Coco’s father right-handedly feels unnatural to him. (As if he needs more reasons for awkwardness, am I right?)
- Coco’s father was supposed to be wearing a Hawaiian shirt, but I never seem able to draw that properly. (He was supposed to be wearing a Hawaiian shirt in strips #181-184, too.)
- This is the first time we see all of Coco’s family together in a single strip. (We’ve come close in the past, but those strips have always been one character short.)
- In case anyone’s wondering what Coco’s dad is doing…he’s programming a meal bolus for Tad with his insulin pump. (Tad’s a type-1 diabetic.)
- This strip was supposed to end with Nicholas shoving food into his mouth to avoid answering the question. For some reason, though, I couldn’t draw that properly. I had no choice but to sketch something else, and I didn’t even know what Nicholas was saying till afterwards. (I still prefer the original ending.)
- I was really tempted to trash this strip and have #197 take its place, since the artwork is so cringe-worthy to me. But #197 will conclude the family dinner scene, so I left #196 in to keep the pacing from being too speedy.
Anyone looking forward to more Echo Effect? Things are going to get epic after strip #200, I promise...