I'm a huge horror movie fan, so—naturally—I couldn't resist letting Cherie Reich stop by to share her favorites! Find out what they are in the guest post below...
Cherie Reich’s 5 Favorite Horror Movies
1. Signs – It made too much sense. I still keep a glass of water nearby, just in case.
2. Halloween (John Carpenter’s) – I have to give Michael Myers some love.
3. Friday the 13th – I’m late to this series since I didn’t watch the first one until last year, but there’s something classic about teens, a lake, and a murderer on the loose. And if you’re a Psych fan, then I highly recommend watching the episode “Tuesday the 17th.”
4. Jaws – Duuun dun… duuun dun. You better get out of the water. I must admit this movie made me fascinated by sharks and other creatures of the deep. Did you know we know more about space than we do about our own oceans? Who knows what is out there waiting to breach the surface?
5. Scream – It may be a bit cheesy and a parody of horror movies, but I love this series.
What’s your favorite horror movie?
Disappearances every ten or so years make little impact on the small town of New Haven, Virginia. Hikers get lost. Hunters lose the trail. Even when a body is discovered, the inhabitants’ memories last about as long as the newspaper articles.
No one connects the cases. No one notices the disappearances go back beyond Civil War times. No one believes a legendary monster roams the forests in Southwestern Virginia.
I don’t either until the truck breaks down on an old mountain trail. Cell phones won’t work in this neck of the woods. It’s amazing how much a person can see by starlight alone. So what if we can’t feel our fingers or toes as we hike toward the main road. How many more miles left to go?
Purchase Once upon a Nightmare: A Collection by Cherie Reich at Amazon. From June 22-28, the collection is only $0.99!