Thursday, April 23, 2015

Once Upon a Nightmare

I've been a huge fan of horror all my life. So, it should surprise none of you that I can't resist showcasing Cherie Reich's latest release today. Check it out, especially if you love this genre as much as I do!

Once Upon a Nightmare: A Collection

A monster hunts us. After hibernating for a decade, it’s ravenous. We long to stop this nightmare, but the end of the road is far. There is no waking up once a legend sets its sights on you.

Disappearances every ten or so years make little impact on the small town of New Haven, Virginia. Hikers get lost. Hunters lose the trail. Even when a body is discovered, the inhabitants’ memories last about as long as the newspaper articles.

No one connects the cases. No one notices the disappearances go back beyond Civil War times. No one believes a legendary monster roams the forests in Southwestern Virginia.

I don’t either until the truck breaks down on an old mountain trail. Cell phones won’t work in this neck of the woods. It’s amazing how much a person can see by starlight alone. So what if we can’t feel our fingers or toes as we hike toward the main road. How many more miles left to go?

Crrraaack!

Hear that noise?

* * *

Purchase Once upon a Nightmare: A Collection by Cherie Reich at Amazon. The ebook is on sale for $0.99 until April 30th.

Cherie Reich is a speculative fiction author and library assistant living in Virginia. Visit her website and blog for more information.

16 comments:

  1. I've read this collection and it was a very fun read! Thanks for highlighting it, and have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read this and it's excellent! Thanks for showcasing Cherie today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tyrean! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for featuring my collection, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More than happy to, Cherie! Hope you have lots of success with this release! :)

      Delete
  4. Love the cover of Cherie's book. It sound like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sherry! The cover was a pre-made I found and knew it was perfect for the collection. :)

      Delete
  5. Congrats, Cherie! I've read this and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ravenous monsters? That's sooo up my alley ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sound would get my feet moving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, I'm so hooked! What can I say? About the title? About synopsis? It shouts my name and I hope that as good as it promises to be.

    Thanks for sharing, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cherie is amazing - so many stories!
    and i like the previous post - i'm ready for summer! i like that he needs his hoodie like linus needs his blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing Cherie everywhere. I have my copy and can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't realize she had a new book out. Sweet! Congrats, Cherie. :)

    ReplyDelete