Friday, August 22, 2014

Versatile Blogger Award (Frozen Edition!)

Writer Kristin Smith, over at Swords & Stilettos, recently nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award! (Thanks, Kristin!) You can check out her post for it here. Basically, you’re supposed to share seven random facts about yourself, then pass the award on to fifteen other bloggers. I decided to shake things up a bit and have my seven facts all be Frozen-themed. Ready?


1) Before Frozen, I hadn’t gone to a movie theater since 2006. The film I had seen back then also starred Kristen Bell. (Can anyone guess which one?)


2) Elsa is my favorite Disney princess queen.


3) I can relate a lot to Elsa, especially her anxiety. I also happen to have an older sister who is just like Anna. (No snow powers, though. I’ve never even seen snow before!)


4) Despite how much I adore Elsa, Hans is my favorite from Frozen overall…much to the chagrin of children everywhere.


5) “Love is an Open Door” is my favorite song from the soundtrack. According to Windows Media Player, I’ve already listened to it over 1620 times…


6) I spend way too much time making Frozen-themed gifs and other graphics. (This gifset, along with this one, have been some of the most time-consuming to date.) I regret nothing.


7) I started collecting Frozen merch back in October 2013 and don’t know how to stop…



(I also own these lithographs, some Elsa shirts, and a booklet of posters, amongst other things...)

As for who I nominate…I’m going to take the lazy way out. Many people I follow are on hiatus right now, or have already received this award, or are just plain busy. I’m not even sure if I could come up with fifteen whole people, as a result. So, if you feel like sharing seven random facts about yourself…consider yourself nominated!

22 comments:

  1. I still need to see Frozen. Love your Frozen-themed acceptance of the award! Congrats, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cherie! If you ever do see Frozen, I hope you enjoy it! :)

      Delete
  2. I loved Frozen! That's quite a collection you have! I want an Olaf, but the mini-Elsa is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never expected to want that mini-Elsa, but then I saw her in person and was all, "Yep, gotta have her." XD

      Delete
  3. Wow! You are a huge Frozen fan! And I can't believe you've never seen snow. You need to do something about that. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely love to see snow someday. I've just never had the opportunity!

      Delete
  4. *LOL* Great gifs! Will you be aghast if I told you I haven't seen the movie yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I wouldn't be aghast at all! You'd actually be shocked to learn of all the popular franchises I've never seen or read... (Harry Potter, Star Wars, Hunger Games, etc.)

      Delete
  5. Don't hate me, but I've never seen Frozen. The Gifs were awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, why would I hate you? There are plenty of popular movies I've never seen myself, so I definitely wouldn't judge! *points to my comment to Christine above*

      Delete
  6. I really liked Frozen (Olaf is my favorite) and love to sing "Let It Go" in the shower and the car and at work and while walking down the street...much to the amusement of everyone within earshot, I'm sure.

    You've never even seen snow before? My significant other wants to live where you live because he's completely sick of seeing snow. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Let It Go" definitely seems like a fun song to sing, for sure! ;)

      And yep, I have never seen snow before. I'd probably be a total wimp in temperatures that cold, haha!

      Delete
  7. Have to admit to being in the 'not seen it yet' camp! My daughter has it on dvd so I do intend to see it sometime soon. I would have to have been living as a complete hermit for the last few months to have not heard all the music though! Very catchy stuff!
    Loved your Frozen theme acceptance of the meme, great idea. Hope you get to see real snow someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The music is definitely catchy! Hope this movie doesn't end up being over-hyped for you once you do see it!

      Delete
  8. How cool, Heather, I had no idea you had a "thing" for Frozen. In our household we've been singing "Let it Go" in all languages and my daughter even found a remix with all languages in the one version, LOL. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember seeing that video before! It was very cool to see the different versions of "Let It Go" spliced together like that... :)

      Delete
  9. So cool to do this Frozen Themed! Of course, I already knew all this about you, but it's fun to see it all in a list like this with pictures and gifs to go along with it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, if anyone would know all of this already, it would be you. ;)

      Delete
  10. What a great idea! I love the Frozen theme! And I thought I was a big Frozen fan...hehe. Thanks for sharing your seven random facts, and I don't blame you for taking the "easy route"—it's hard nominating people! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, nominating people is hard, especially when you need to choose fifteen of them! And I'm glad I'm not the only Frozen fan here... ;)

      Delete
  11. I love that this is Frozen themed, and I enjoyed learning more about you. I'm also more like Elsa than like Anna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really refreshing to see a character like Elsa. Not everyone is perky and outgoing like so many of the Disney princesses are, after all!

      Delete