Monday, August 11, 2014

Meet My Character Blog Hop

I was tagged by author E.E. Giorgi for the “Meet My Character” blog hop! (You can check out her own post for it here, where she talks about her character Skyler Donohue, from Gene Cards.) My current webcomic has two main characters, but since I can only answer questions for one, I decided to go with Nicholas. (He has the most focus in Echo Effect right now, after all!)

Source
What is the name of your character? Is he/she fictional or a historic person?

Nicholas Marlow Blossom. (Same as his dad.) He likes to go by Nicholas, but some people *cough*Coco*cough* just call him Nick. And he’s fictional, of course!

When and where is the story set?

It’s set in modern day, in the fictional Arizona town of Vaca Vista.

What should we know about him/her?

Thanks to his narcissism, Nicholas tends to think everything is all about him. He also has some issues getting close to people, since losing his dad and never knowing his mom have scarred him from a young age.

What is the main conflict? What messes up his/her life?

Those darn Olympians keep screwing everything up… ;)

What is the personal goal of the character?

Well, at this point in the webcomic, Nicholas’ goal is pretty much just, Hide from the world. Hide from it NOW! (Ha, ha.) The goal he really needs to work toward, though, is accepting himself, regardless of how others view him.
Source

Is there a working title for this novel, and can we read more about it?

My webcomic is called Echo Effect. It can be read from the beginning over on my website or its evil twin Blogspot. It currently updates every Monday.

When can we expect the book to be published?

Echo Effect premiered online on February 4, 2013. I’m currently working on a print collection of the first volume, which would include strips #1-135, plus extras. No release date for this yet, but hopefully I can have something ready by late 2014 or early 2015!

Now it’s my turn to tag some people!

  • Sarah Whisted. My best friend, who has some awesome novels in the works. Click here to check out her short stories!
  • M.J. Fifield. She’s the author of the novel Effigy, which you guys can learn more about here. (Looks and sounds awesome, right?!)

If anyone else would like to participate in this blog hop, go right ahead! It’s always fun to learn about other people’s characters… :)

28 comments:

  1. I giggled at the hide from the world comment even though I feel so bad for Nicholas. Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laugh at Nicholas all the time, so I think you can get away with a few giggles! ;)

      Delete
  2. that's really cool, Heather! I love your modern take on this Greek myth, and I look forward to the seeing the entire collection in one place. :-) Thanks so much for participating in the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Narcissus & Echo tale has always been one of my favorites, so I couldn't resist doing a modern-day sequel for it, heh. This post was a lot of fun to put together, so I'm really glad you tagged me! :)

      Delete
  3. "evil twin" blog - haha! I really like Nick, narcisstic or not. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicholas can be quite charming, even when his narcissism is on overdrive! ;)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully I am able to follow through with my plans to put together a print collection, haha...

      Delete
  5. He's such a great character even though he is a wee bit narcissistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say it's more than just a wee bit... ;)

      Delete
  6. Glad to see you're back! How exciting about your book plans too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Fingers-crossed I can actually make that book become a reality, haha...

      Delete
  7. Loved learning more about Nicholas. And the book plans are very exciting—I would love to have one.

    Thanks for the tag...I'm planning my post for next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's hoping I don't slack off on these book plans too much, haha! And can't wait to see your own post for this blog hop! :)

      Delete
  8. Nice to learn more about Nicholas. I didn't realize the setting was Arizona. Glad to hear it'll be in print, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have a hard time figuring out how to make the setting clear in my art, I must admit. I do try to throw in some cacti occasionally, though! ;)

      Delete
  9. You're coming out with a print version? How awesome! Where have I been that I didn't hear about this until now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I don't talk about it much, so it's easy to miss the few posts that do bring it up! ;)

      Delete
  10. Will Nicholas learn to accept himself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depends on how evil I feel like being to him... ;)

      Delete
  11. So cool to learn a little bit more about Nicolas!

    HK Rowe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was hoping others would be interested in hearing more about him... :)

      Delete
  12. Love Nick, and this is a great intro post to him and his dilemma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I must admit, I wasn't quite sure how in-depth I should get for this, since I didn't want to be too spoilery for anyone who hasn't read Echo Effect yet, haha...

      Delete
  13. I enjoyed learning more about Nicholas. Some of his back story was unknown to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was so much more back story I could've shared, but I did my best to keep this post short-and-sweet, haha!

      Delete
  14. this comic is nice. its different----i like the girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to be different myself, so it only makes sense that my webcomic ended up that way, too, haha...

      Delete