In honor of Reborn, her latest book release, author Cherie Reich is stopping by my blog to share some awesome series tips! So why are you still reading my ramblings? Check out her guest post below!
Five Series Tips
1. Outline. Yes, you pantsers are groaning already, but you don’t have to outline to write your novel, but you better create one afterward with a list of scenes and a sentence or two about what goes on. It’ll help you not to drop threads later in the series and is a quick way to see what happened previously.
2. Create your series bible as you go. A series bible involves names/places/etc. of your world. If you write one as you go, then you’ll be less likely to change a character’s eye color mid-series. And it’s much easier to find that minor character’s name, if you have a list you can quickly pull up.
3. Consider destinations. If your series takes place in one place, then you’re good to go, but if your characters travel, then you might want to write down how far and how long it’ll take them to get to place to place. Figuring this up as you write will create fewer headaches later on. It’s not fun to discover it would take your characters three months to get somewhere when you only gave them a few weeks.
4. Read your series. After you’re finished and have published book one, consider reading through some scenes or the entire book(s) before you start writing the next one. It’ll keep the writing style and characters fresh in your mind.
5. Have fun. Writing a series is challenging, but if you take notes as you go, you’ll have a much easier time writing it.
Do you have any tips for writing a series?
* * *
On the day of Yssa’s death and rebirth, the god Apenth chose her as the Phoenix Prophetess.
Sea serpents and gods endanger the young prophetess’s journey and sour the omens. Yssa is cursed instead of blessed, and her duties at the Temple of Apenth prove it. She spends her days reading dusty scrolls, which does nothing to help her forget Tym, the boy back home. But the annoying yet gorgeous ferryman’s son Liam proves to be a distraction she can’t predict, even though he rarely leaves her alone for two sand grains.
Her boring temple life screeches to a halt when visions of her parents’ murders consume her. Yssa races across an ocean to stop the future. If she can’t change Fate, she’ll refuse to be the Phoenix Prophetess any longer. Fate, however, has other plans for her and the kingdom.
Yssa must either accept her destiny or fight to change Fate.
Available in Ebook and Print!
To purchase: Amazon | Createspace | GooglePlay | iTunes | Kobo | Nook | OmniLit | Smashwords | Other Retailers
Click here to add on Goodreads.
The authors of Untethered Realms and I are giving away over $50 worth of books to one lucky winner. The giveaway is open internationally.a Rafflecopter giveaway