Friday, January 31, 2014

Weekly Webcomic Updates

Ready for some more Echo Effect extras? You should be, since they're pretty fun this week...

Extra #3
(Main Site / Blogspot)
 
First up is this webcomic's very first guest strip! It was written, penciled, and inked by Marjorie Skiba and colored by Rick Hughes.

Extra #4
(Main Site / Blogspot)
 
Next is a glimpse at one of the extras for the print collection! It features Lil' Nicholas, his dad Nicky, and Nana Nettie. (It's not spoilery for me to admit his dad's a brat, right?)

As for volume two, I'm still not sure when I'll premiere it, but I'm hoping for mid-to-late February. I won't feel comfortable sharing any strips until at least thirteen are colored while the next fourteen are penciled/inked. (Three months' worth of strips, basically.) I only have three more strips left to pencil/ink, so that portion of the goal will be completed soon! I still have eight more strips left to color, though. I'm not the speediest colorist, so hopefully I can push myself to finish these more quickly than normal. (If I seem to have difficulty keeping up with the blogosphere lately, it's because I'm dedicating most of my computer time to this!)

Hope you're all still excited for volume two despite the long wait!

10 comments:

  1. I'm happy you're getting stuff done! I'd be counting spots on my ceiling and then complaining that I spent hours working without accomplishing anything. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit, it is pretty easy for me to procrastinate like that once it's time to color, haha!

      Delete
  2. I can see that you put so much work into your sketching, no wonder it takes so long. But I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope so. Volume two is a personal favorite of mine, so I'd love it if others enjoyed it, too!

      Delete
  3. Good job Marjorie and Rick! I can't wait for more from you, Heather! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very excited for the premiere. And I agree with Suzanne, I know it will be worth the wait no matter how long that wait turns out to be. Enjoy your weekend, Heather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope it's worth the wait, but there's always the chance that I'm overhyping volume two!

      Delete
  5. VERY excited! :) Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete