Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Labyrinth Wall Monster Party

Welcome to The Labyrinth Wall Monster Party! The monster party blog fest is a celebration of The Labyrinth Wall book release, which is available now. So to join in the fun… The Labyrinth Wall Author, Emilyann, has invited participants to post about a monster, share The Labyrinth Wall release information and jump around to read about everyone else’s monsters. Join the party by hoping around to check out the monsters, and have a blast!

* * *

It’s time for me to talk about a labyrinth monster! Given my love for Greek mythology, you’re all probably expecting me to pick the Minotaur. And you know what? While the Minotaur is a definite classic, I can’t resist picking a monster from one of my favorite movies instead, Labyrinth!


(Freakish talking hands totally count as a monster, right?)

But enough about that. You all want to learn more about The Labyrinth Wall now, yes? Yes!

The Labyrinth Wall
(Obsidian Series, Book1)

This is the tale of a young woman who discovers that although labyrinth walls confine her and her enemies try to repress her, the power of hope can set her free…

  

The Labyrinth Wall:
Young Adult Fantasy Novel

Free Amazon Download (New Year Special!)
Availability:
  • Ebook: Now on Amazon
  • Paperback: Delays on physical copies, look for them later in January through Barnes & Noble and Amazon

“Full of exciting situations, humor, and a good look at the human psyche of a labyrinth prisoner, this book pulls you in, and doesn't let you go until the very end.” ~ Desert Rose Reviews

Excerpt:
(There are varying excerpts to be found at sites participating in this event)

Abruptly, a piercing sound fills the air. Our hands swarm to cover our ears and muffle it. Paralyzed and dizzy, I drop to the ground fearfully. The ringing is coming from the direction of the castle. The sound diminishes as quickly as it came.

The ground shakes, causing the walls to seem as if they waver. Grinding and hissing noises unexplainably overcome the labyrinth. I shrink cowardly to the wall, bracing myself defensively against it for support.

As I turn to check on Korun and Rase who were a few feet behind me, the sounds subside. Before my eyes settle on them, sudden pain engulfs me. Horrible anguish consumes me. It feels like a thousand swords submerge into my back and under my legs all at once. That’s the last thing I remember or feel.

The Labyrinth Wall Arcade Game: can you help Araina escape the labyrinth?

 

To subscribe for more updates, play games, and grab goodies (some are FREE), visit www.thelabyrinthwall.com!

Don’t forget to hop around to all the participating sites and show some comment love…

The Labyrinth Wall Party Sites and post dates:

1.
Rachel Morgan (1/2/13)
2.
Julie Flanders (1/2/13)
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
Heather Holden (1/5/13)
8.
9.
Cynthia Shepp (1/2/13)
10.

More updates on Facebook:



22 comments:

  1. The talking hands!!!! What an awesome pick, Heather. I'm so amazed nobody has picked the same monster so far, lol. Those were pretty great. I always thought it was so weird she chose down! I thought "who would pick down into the dark rather than back up into the light and onto the surface." Thank you for joining the party and sharing about The Labyrinth Wall! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool how no one has picked the same monster yet--more fun that way, I think! And no problem, Emilyann! I really enjoyed taking part in this. :)

      Delete
  2. Yup, the talking hands count. Those were freaky. And the fairies in the labyrinth. They were mean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the fairies, too! It's so great to see a movie depict them as mean instead of goody-goody nice for a change...

      Delete
    2. Completely agree about the mean fairies. It was such a nice twist. I don't consider it a monster, but the little worm that says "ello" is still one of my favorite characters from childhood books and movies =-)

      Delete
    3. Aw, love that little worm! Easily my favorite character from Labyrinth. But yeah, not really a monster, even though it can talk!

      Delete
    4. Hey there. The "Lab Wall" comment above was me under another account, lol.

      Delete
  3. I also started with Minotaur and switched away from it. I am about half way through the Labyrinth wall and really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to finally get around to reading The Labyrinth Wall myself. Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far!

      Delete
    2. The Minotaur is a fun one. But I loved the variety we are getting with this event. It wouldn't seem at first like there are that many monsters from labyrinths to draw from, but there definitely are. =)

      Delete
  4. Talking hands are creepy! I mean hands are kinda weird to start with and then talking. This is a fun post and thanks for the introduction to the author. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! I enjoyed taking part in this blogfest, so I'm glad to hear it was fun for you to read!

      Delete
    2. So creepy, those talking hands =) And glad you've enjoyed the event TBM. Nice to meet you too.

      Delete
  5. The power of hope -- gets me every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always love it when a story utilizes hope, too!

      Delete
    2. It's such a driving force. Hope always helps my relate with characters. Most of them have some kind of hope, but the question is how strong and for what? And you know, I think Hope is really beautiful as a name too (just a side note). =)

      Delete
  6. Hiya. Just popped by to wish you a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year! Those hands are DEFINITELY freakish. :D

    LW sounds like a very cool book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! :)

      I agree, this book definitely does sound cool...

      Delete
  8. I know you may keep hearing this...omg those hands are creepy. love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if I do keep hearing it, it's only because it's true! ;)

      Delete