Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Frozen


I've been eager to see the new animated film Frozen since I heard Kristen Bell would be a Disney Princess in it. (I believe that was back in 2012?) Of course, there are a million more reasons why I want to see this movie now, and my obsession is pretty evident if anyone's ever glanced at my Tumblr. I'm currently addicted to the soundtrack and may own too much merchandise already.

My sister and I have plans to see it on Thanksgiving, which I'm super-excited for, and not just because I haven't been to the theater since 2006. My sis is free-spirited like Anna while I'm more reserved like Elsa. The fact that their sisterly relationship reminds me so much of ours makes me hope we can bond over this movie.

As if I haven't scared you all enough with how obsessed I am...I also made fan art for Frozen over the summer. Like, I couldn't resist drawing Anna and Hans, since they're such adorable dorks. (I dare you to listen to "Love is an Open Door" and not agree.) My first piece of fan art, however, was a shameless shout-out to another obsession of mine, Veronica Mars...


Anyone else plan to see Frozen sometime?

12 comments:

  1. Enjoy the flick. I've missed the hype for this movie in London, but it may not have hopped the pond yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Disney can be weird with their marketing sometimes, so I'm honestly not surprised that you haven't heard of it yet! My sister didn't even know about it till I started showing her trailers and clips on YouTube...

      Delete
  2. Not sure I should admit this but this is the first time I've heard of this movie. Now I'm interested. Hope you and your sister have a great time seeing it together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister didn't even know about this movie till I told her about it! (She's since seen some commercials on TV, but still...not surprising at all that you haven't heard about it yet.)

      And thank you! I hope so, too!

      Delete
  3. My daughter is freaking out about this movie, but I can't quite bring myself to get excited. Maybe just too preoccupied? *shrugs* I'm sure it will be awesome, and as soon as my daughter twists her dad's arm into taking her, we'll all go see it. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Disney hasn't marketed this movie too well. My sister even told me that based off the TV commercials, she wouldn't have been excited to see Frozen at all. (Thankfully, I knew of some good online trailers and clips that better showcased the movie!) Hope you and your family enjoy it if/when you get dragged to it! ;)

      Delete
  4. I'm really excited for it, too! I was kind of on the fence tbh (but I'd still totally see it because I watch all the Disney flicks), but the early reviews have been fantastic. And it sounds like a real throwback to Disney's musical years-goneby, which has me completely psyched. :)

    Happy Thanksgiving, and thanks for stopping by my blog the other day!

    ~EJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, some of the commercials for this movie haven't been all that great, but based off other trailers and clips I've seen, it looks like it'll be stellar! The soundtrack is amazing, so I can only imagine how great it'll be to see those musical numbers on the big screen...

      And no problem! Thanks for following my blog! :)

      Delete
  5. I'm dying to see this movie too. I'll have to wait until it comes on on satellite over here - and it may be a while. But I've heard so many good things about it that I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. Have a great time with your sis on Thurs! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So glad I'm not the only one excited for this movie. Hope you enjoy Frozen once you're finally able to see it! :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Heather. I hope the movie was great and you guys had a very happy thanksgiving =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was! Such a perfect sister movie. Thanksgiving went great as well! :)

      Delete