Friday, October 25, 2013

Weekly Webcomic Updates

Time to share two more Echo Effect comic strips! I even posted a Halloween-themed piece of art here, for those of you who missed it Sunday...

Comic #111
  
Comic #112

(Poor Nicholas is too much of a goody-goody to realize that some teenagers ditch school...)

This week's strips are more on the boring side, but trust me when I say that we're transitioning to something more fun. Of these two strips, #111 had been the biggest pain to make. In fact, I had completely drawn/inked another version of it, only to trash it at the last minute, since it looked too atrocious for me to color. I'm still not fully pleased with the artwork for this one, but at least it's better than the previous version...

12 comments:

  1. I liked #111! Lol. I guess we're our own worst critic. But it made me chuckle. Well, a bit, and feel bad for her, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The script for #111 never changed--I always liked that aspect of it--but the art...um...not so much. I have a bad habit of thinking everything I draw is ugly...

      Delete
  2. I thought it was a great week! :) Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it! I can't help but think this week is a tad boring, since I already know what kind of strips are coming up! ;)

      Delete
  3. Poor Nicholas is right - he doesn't deserve that. No wonder you had trouble drawing that one, but you did a great job. Lots of tension in there. Have an awesome weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The fabric folds were the hardest thing for me to draw in strip #111, to be honest. I always suck at those!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! (Especially since it's hard for me to view my work as awesome, heh.)

      Delete
  5. Not boring at all!! Their faces are so expressive. Keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you like the expressions, since I always work really hard on them...

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It just seems that way to me since I know what's ahead!

      Delete