Sunday, October 13, 2013

Guest Post: Zeus (by Christine Rains)

To help celebrate the release of The 13th Floor Complete Collection, Christine Rains has allowed her character Zeus to take over my blog today. Yep, that Zeus. So why are you guys still reading my ramblings? Check out Zeus' post below!


ZEUS FROM 1304 – THE HARBINGER

Enough basking in my magnificence. Rise.

Yes, I know. It's very kind of me to squeeze in this meeting with you. Coffee or tea? Hebe will bring you whatever you wish.

Things have been quite exciting around here lately with the arrival of the new hero, Samuel Wright. We haven't had a Challenge like this in centuries. We need to do it more often. All that sport excites the women, and then they beg you to ravish them. I haven't enjoyed this much “sport” since last month's harvest festivals.

My wife? Well, Hera does have many marriages to attend. I wouldn't burden her with any of my business.

Except Hera's made this new hero her business. More so because one of my harpies, Meira, has fallen in love with the mortal. Meira wants me to spare his soul. Samuel Wright might be a handsome human, but what is a human when there are gods interested in her. Ares might be the arrogant and devious type, but he wants Meira. Don't all harpies love the God of War? Perhaps she's too blinded by my grandness to take interest in my son.

I do have much to attend to at the moment. There's a Challenge to plan, and three lovely nymphs are waiting to help me in my bath. Feel free to make an offering on the altar over there. If it involves blood, please watch the carpet. I'm quite fond of it.

* * *

Title: The 13th Floor Complete Collection
Author: Christine Rains
Genre: paranormal romance

Release date: October 13th, 2013

Blurb:

Six supernatural tenants
Living in a haunted apartment building
On a floor that doesn't exist.

Six novellas telling their tales.

A retired demon acquires a price on his head.
A werewolf is hunted by her pack.
A modern day dragonslayer misses his target.
A harpy challenges Zeus for the soul of the man she loves.
A vampire is obsessed with a young woman he can't find.
A banshee falls in love with someone who's death she has seen in a vision.
And a sweet ghost must battle a primal monster to save them all.

All the stories take place at the same time intertwining their lives together on the 13th Floor.

Includes “The Shadow,” a bonus short story.

Purchase Links:



Author Bio:

Christine Rains is a writer, blogger, and geek mom. She has four degrees which help nothing with motherhood, but make her a great Jeopardy player. When she's not writing or reading, she having adventures with her son or watching cheesy movies on Syfy Channel. She's a member of Untethered Realms and S.C.I.F.I. The 13th Floor series is her first self-published series. She has eight novellas and twenty-one short stories published.

19 comments:

  1. Arrogant - but then again, he's Zeus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we need a new word that exceeds arrogant for Zeus!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for hosting today, Heather! It's always fun, I mean, an honor visiting with Zeus. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, Christine! Zeus is priceless. I loved having him visit my blog. ;)

      Delete
  3. Loved this excerpt Christine...wets my appetite for more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Siv! Zeus is charismatic that way. ;)

      Delete
  4. This is such a cool series! So nice of you to host Christine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine is such a great writer, so I can never resist promoting her when I can! :)

      Delete
  5. Wow, I can't wait to sink my teeth into this one, but duty calls and pleasure is on hold while the work gets done - but soon, very soon, I will satisfy my needs . . . . with your book Christine - that's what I meant! I'm going to read your book! You got that right? Whew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zeus still thinks you're talking about him.

      Delete
  6. I've seen this series around quite a bit! It seems really cool. Zeus is pretty humble, isn't he? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Samantha. I don't think Zeus has ever heard of that word!

      Delete
  7. Character interview-type things are awesome. I should do some of it with my own... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ekk! *happy clap* I just finished reading this one, and I LOVE it. Such a sweet story. Stupid Gods though. I wanted deck a few of them. Hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *LOL* I know the feeling. Thank you so much, Crystal!

      Delete
  9. LOL! I just love Zeus. That's why he gets all the ladies, much to Hera's dismay. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *LOL* I see you're falling for his charms too. ;)

      Delete