Monday, September 2, 2013

Comic Review: Archie #646

Creators: Angelo DeCesare (writer); Gisèle Lagacé (artist)

Premise: Archie and the gang live as an ancient alien race on Mars.

Cover Commentary: Two covers were released for this issue. I chose the Gisèle Lagacé version, since I’m such a huge fan of her webcomics. (The variant by Andrew Pepoy is awesome as well, though. It features Cosmo the Merry Martian!) Gisèle’s cover is a lot of fun, and I love how vibrant the coloring is; it looks even better in person than it does online. I wish Reggie had been included—he seems to be excluded a lot in group shots anymore—but his absence certainly doesn’t hurt this cover by any means.

Overall Thoughts: As I’ve already mentioned, I’m a huge fan of Gisèle Lagacé, so that alone made me want to read this issue. (You can see a preview of Archie #646 over on her site for Eerie Cuties here.) The sci-fi setting only made it more fun! Even as Martians, Archie and the gang still manage to be their classic, hilarious selves, so this issue is well worth checking out.

8 comments:

  1. Hehe that's good. :)
    I don't know a lot about comics, but I love Asterix and Obelix. I have almost the whole collection.

    I had started reading your web comic, but I don't have costant internet connection here. I will start again when I'm back home.

    Have a beautiful month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of Asterix or Obelix before, but I just looked both of 'em up, and they look like really cool comics! Such fun art, too!

      And you started reading my webcomic? Thanks so much! I hope you enjoy it whenever you have a chance to check it out in full. :)

      Delete
  2. That's an odd mix, but I can see Archie pulling it off! Have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Archie Comics have had even odder mixes, so they most definitely pulled it off! ;)

      Delete
  3. That cover is really cute. :) I can definitely see how it would draw in readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The story inside is just as cute as the cover, too! :)

      Delete