Friday, August 30, 2013

Weekly Webcomic Updates

Since I haven’t been able to do a post like this all month, you guys are going to see links for the past four weeks of Echo Effect instead of just one. Ready?

*entire blogosphere runs away in fear*

Well, screw it, I’m still posting all those links anyway… 

 
 
 
 

Clicking on any of the previews above will take you to the full-sized comic on my website. For those of you who prefer to read Echo Effect on Blogspot, you can find these same comic strips here: 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90

(EDIT: My website seems to be having some issues displaying images right now, so if nothing appears when you click on one of the previews, please check out the Blogspot version instead.)

I had all this Payne-craziness planned from the beginning, but once I actually began drawing these strips, I realized I hadn’t planned how Coco and Nicholas would escape that craziness. Obviously, I couldn’t just let Payne kill them, since they’re in a couple years’ worth of future strips. So, strip #80 was drawn for the sole purpose of making sure Coco had access to a knife for strip #81. If I’d had more time, I probably would have thought of a different way for them to escape, but I was on a deadline, so this is what you guys got.

Strip #82 also didn’t go exactly as planned. Originally, I thought Coco was going to be standing around in shock while Nicholas dragged her out of there. As I started sketching this, however, Coco was all, “HELL NO I’M RUNNING,” so I let her do all the dragging instead!

Speaking of strip #82…you all would love to see what this looked like when it was still in the penciling stage, right? Of course you would…


September is going to be an exciting month for Echo Effect, and not just because you guys will finally be reaching strip #100. (!!!) Hope you all will continue to follow my silly little webcomic to learn exactly why!

12 comments:

  1. Amazing work Heather! I am fascinated by the pencil sketch and as usual, overwhelmed by your talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much! This is one of the cleaner sketches I've done--I tend to draw way too messily, haha--so I couldn't resist sharing it. :)

      Delete
  2. "I realized I hadn’t planned how Coco and Nicholas would escape that craziness" <-- This is me with my writing all the time.

    And I love that Coco gets to do the dragging instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta love it when characters take control like that! ;)

      Delete
  3. I would probably be doing the dragging too :D

    And four weeks worth?

    ...*grabs popcorn*

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound exactly like us writers! We back our characters into dreadful corners, and then sometimes we have to go back several chapters to write in the essentials that will allow them to escape later. And even though we can plan things one way, sometimes our characters rebel and force us to go another way. Congrats on all the comics and have a great weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true about the rebelling! Characters are so very pesky that way...but all their rebelling usually ends up being for the better, so you won't see me complaining. ;)

      Delete
  5. Cool comics! You are a talented artist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much! I tend to be my own worst critic, especially lately, so this was nice to hear. :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you! :) (Especially since it's pretty impossible for me to feel that way about myself, heh.)

      Delete