Friday, July 19, 2013

Weekly Webcomic Updates

Missed this week’s updates for Echo Effect? Catch up with the links below!

Comic #70

Comic #71

Comic #72

Some of you may have already noticed that I changed my icon for all my social networks. I got sick of my old one and decided to draw something new Wednesday night. This is the full-size image:


Very fall-like, right? That’s because autumn is my favorite season. This color scheme also happens to match my layout, so hey, why not? Even though it’s fall-like, Nicholas and Coco would very much wear this for winter, since they live in Arizona.

It’s actually kind of perfect how I’m in the mood to draw Nicholas and Coco in winter wear, since I’m currently writing the strips that take place in December for them. (It’s November in all the strips posted already.) I can’t help but be excited about that, since it means I’m all that much closer to reaching the final strip of volume one!

20 comments:

  1. Nicholas strikes me as the sort to see himself as a summer/winter/spring/autumn colour scheme guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, Nicholas easily would think that! ;)

      Delete
    2. lol Yeah, he'd know what colors go with what season.

      Delete
    3. Nicholas is very predictable that way! :P

      Delete
  2. Nice! I must admit that I like this one better. The colours are more warm and I love the girl's expression. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last icon was from a pic I did in 2012, so--needless to say--it was already old enough for me to find it cringe-worthy! I'm glad you like the warmer coloring this one has. A lot of my art has a tendency to be too bright to me, so I've been toying with new coloring techniques lately...

      Delete
  3. Oh I love the new art! And autumn is my favorite season too so I love this little taste of the season. Great work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Nice to know I'm not the only one who loves autumn. :)

      Delete
  4. I love your icon-- you're so talented !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new icon! And I love the reason for your colors. Congrats on being nearly done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I still have a lot of work ahead of me, but it's still exciting being this close...

      Delete
  6. I love the new color picture, especially the clever shadow effect you have behind them. It really makes them pop! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't know what I'd do without Photoshop, since it helps me do neat effects like that... ;)

      Delete
  7. Fabulous picture! The shadowing is great. Looks a little like Coco may be caving there. Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Nicholas is very persistent, so if Coco ever caves, I don't think anyone would blame her. ;)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you, Cherie! So glad everyone seems to like it so far. :)

      Delete
  9. Love it! It's funny because I was just thinking how much I can't wait for fall. LOL. I'm not usually in a hurry like that, but for some reason this year I am!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Autumn is a fantastic season, so I'm not surprised! ;)

      Delete