Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Kickstarter Will Be the Death of Me

Why do I say this? Because everyone awesome has been doing Kickstarter projects this year, and I can’t help but crack open my wallet a little to support them.

Like the Veronica Mars Movie Project. Veronica Mars was easily my favorite show back in high school, so you better believe I backed this as soon as I heard about it!


Then there’s Marry Me: Big Celebrity Wedding. I absolutely adore the webcomic Marry Me, and now that I know how challenging it can be to run a webcomic myself, I can’t resist supporting one this amazing. It’ll be so fun to see what kind of hijinks these wonderfully quirky characters will get into next!


And, most recently, there’s Morganville: The Web TV Series. Rachel Caine’s Morganville Vampires is easily one of the best YA vampire series out there. As someone who’s been a fan since the first book was published, I simply can't wait to see it brought to life in a new medium. (Amber Benson is already on board to play Amelie!) 

 
Anyone else addicted to supporting Kickstarter projects like me?

8 comments:

  1. There's a guy that I graduated from high school with who's filming his own movie, another guy who started a charity foundations, and . . . yes, I know what you mean about kickstarter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one! So cool how you know someone filming his own movie...

      Delete
  2. I didn't know about the Morganville series, books or show. Now I'm curious to check the books out! I stay away from Kickstarter because I can see myself getting addicted and that's the last thing I need LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm behind on a few of the books--shame on me--but this series has never once let me down. If you ever check it out, I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of Kickstarter...sounds like it wouldn't be very good for me. Like I need one more distraction :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not so much a distraction as it is a wallet-opener... ;)

      Delete
  4. Morganville is being made into a show? Awesome. My husband is really into the Kitchstarter projects. He supports a lot of gaming stuff on there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, are you a Morganville fan, too? Glad I'm not the only one! :)

      Delete