5 TENANTS THAT NEVER MADE IT ONTO THE 13TH FLOOR
- Fae. One of my original concepts was to have a city fae. He was in exile for disagreeing with the Queen and had developed a strong resistance to iron over the years. He didn't have a name, but I knew he was a green architect (designing building to fit into the environment). Oh boy, did he look good in a suit. His story wasn't powerful enough, though.
- Were-cat. I wasn't going to have a werewolf in my building, but Stefanie refused to let me ignore her story. It wouldn't have worked for a were-cat. She was a domestic cat, no tiger or jaguar. The story was leaning too close to a weird version of “Aristocats” for my liking. Stefanie was granted the apartment.
- Minotaur. Not a scary giant with a bull's head. A descendent of the original minotaur. Still with the strength and toughness, but with a human head and a very large sense of justice. Yet I already had Meira living in 1304. I don't think they would've gotten along well at all.
- Doppelganger. Originally he was brought to life to serve the man he was copied from, but it turned out that he was a proper opposite. The man who made him was an evil supernatural (wizard?) assassin. So this doppelganger was good and on the run since he didn't want to be destroyed. Unfortunately, a tale of good vs. evil twins didn't seem to fit in with this series.
- Alien. I wanted to add some science-fiction to the thirteenth floor, but again, it didn't fit in with the concept of the series. I didn't want someone fighting demons in Carmine with lasers or spaceships flying around. Yet maybe some time in the future, I'll write something with a kick butt female version of Han Solo.
Author: Christine Rains
Genre: paranormal romance
Release date: July 13th, 2013
Chiharo Black lives with six supernatural tenants in a haunted building's mysterious thirteenth floor. Of course, no one knows she's there except the cats. Being a ghost can be a bit frustrating and lonely, but it isn't as bad as her mother made it out to be.
Until another ghost intrudes on her territory. Jeremy Emerson wants revenge on the vampire that killed him and won't stop until he has it. To top it off, a nightmarish shade sneaks in and leeches the energy from the building's residents before setting its sights on Chiharo and the thirteenth floor. She can't decide which one is more frightening: the one wanting to eat her soul or the one who might win her heart.
Chiharo must convince Jeremy to stand with her against the hellish parasite. If they cannot work together, the greedy fiend will not only drain their energy but everything that supports the thirteenth floor's existence.
Add to Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17928889-the-ghost
Christine Rains is a writer, blogger, and geek mom. She has four degrees which help nothing with motherhood, but make her a great Jeopardy player. When she's not writing or reading, she having adventures with her son or watching cheesy movies on Syfy Channel. She's a member of Untethered Realms and S.C.I.F.I. The 13th Floor series is her first self-published series. She has eight novellas and twenty-one short stories published.