Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Faded Glory

A long while back, my grandma showed me a cross-stitch pattern that she really wanted to do, but said she ultimately wouldn’t, since—in her words—she was too old/didn’t have the time/etc. So, I decided to surprise her by making it for her…


This took me about two months to do. And yes, the picture above is close to the actual size. While the pattern may not have been as complex as this old one I did, stitching squares that tiny was still pure insanity. Hopefully she likes it once I get the chance to give it to her…

8 comments:

  1. That's very lovely. And so nice of you to do that for your Grandma. :) The old one is wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You wouldn't believe how long that old one took to make...OMG, pure insanity. XD

      Delete
  2. Lovely. As is the old one. Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been cross-stitching since I was a kid, but it's been a while since I properly made one, so it was nice getting to do this one. :)

      Delete
  3. How wonderful! I'm sure she'll love it! I used to cross-stitch as a child, but I haven't done it in a LONG time. I don't even remember how.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So cool how you've cross-stitched in the past! It is easy to fall out of the habit, though. (Before this, it was at least a year since I last cross-stitched!) I learned how to do this as a kid, too...

      Delete
  4. Oh wow I'm sure she will love it!! My mom loves to cross-stitch but I have never tried it. I can just imagine myself sticking my fingers with needles and bleeding all over the pattern. I am hopeless with anything like this LOL.
    This is really cool that you did this, I will be anxious to hear about your grandma's reaction when you give it to her! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The great thing about cross-stitching needles is that they're dull, not sharp, unlike the kind for sewing, so no blood if you jab yourself with one! ;)

      Delete