Friday, June 28, 2013

Weekly Webcomic Updates

Missed this week’s updates for Echo Effect? Catch up with the links below!

Comic #61
(Main Site / Blogger)

Comic #62
(Main Site / Blogger)

Comic #63

Now the only member of the Ormond household left for Nicholas to meet is Coco’s dad. ;)

In other news, so much behind-the-scenes stuff for Echo Effect is making me ecstatic this week. SO MUCH. Like…

1) I finally developed a timeline! I knew in general that it was currently November for my characters, but I didn’t have any exact dates in mind. Now, though, I can happily say that the first ever strip starts on November 11 (Monday), and that in the latest strip, it’s November 15 (Friday). I’ve always known that I wanted to end the first volume on December 30 (Coco’s birthday), so now I have a better sense of how close I am to reaching it!

2) I am thiiiiis close to drawing strip #100! I recently finished sketching #93, so yeah, I am super-super happy about nearing such a monumental number. And epic stuff is happening right now for my characters, too, so it’ll be fun to see exactly which part of that epic-ness will be showcased in #100.

Hmm, in retrospect, this really doesn't look like all that much to be excited about, but it's taken over my brain and made me super-giddy, so it still feels like a lot to me!

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on nearing #100 of your strip! You have to be really proud of all the work you've done. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am! I've already sketched a few more this weekend, so now I'm even closer to #100. :)

      Delete
  2. 100?! That's awesome!

    Also, dads can be a tad intimidating ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coco's dad can be a bit of a goofball, so we'll see if he's intimidating or not. ;)

      Delete
  3. 100 is plenty to be excited about! :) I want 1000. You best keep drawing. ;) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, don't know if this webcomic will ever reach 1000 strips, but there'll definitely be more than 100! ;)

      Delete
  4. Reaching 100 is an awesome feat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a big is soon to be in order!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Heath! Sorry it took me so long to get to the "W" on my blog roll list. LOL I've been working my way down to you. Saving the best for last, :) Thanks for putting up with me and not leaving a "shouty" message. LOL

    Big Huge Congrats for getting to 100 strips. You know I am just a bit envious of anyone with artistic talent. Heather- you amaze me at how talented you are!! Keep up the good work and I think some celebrating is in order girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, no worries! It can take a long time to catch up with blogs. I know I tend to feel overwhelmed after missing just a couple days!

      And thank you! I'll definitely be celebrating. :)

      Delete