Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Artist Ramblings

1) First, a quick reminder: There are only a couple days left to take advantage of my sale on art commissions! Anyone who contacts me before June 1st will still get May's discount, even if I can’t actually start working on the commission in May! You can learn more here.

2) I’ve come to realize that even though I always draw my comic strips in order, I never color them in order. I’ve recently finished strips #83-84 for Echo Effect, and it’s looking like #79 will be completed next…even though strip #69 has been waiting patiently for, like, ever now. Um…whoops!

3) I got all these awesome manga books yesterday…

  

Even though reading them will steal time from my art, they’re also going to inspire me to work harder on that art, so the time theft will be worth it in the end, I think!

And now I’m going to go—you guessed it—work on art. Heaven forbid I should ever think of anything else, right?!

14 comments:

  1. And why should you?! :) Enjoy your reads too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm hoping to read at least one of them tonight. I already managed to complete one comic strip today, so I'd say that's a worthy reward. :)

      Delete
  2. They look like they'll be fun inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I am a new follower. Your art is magnificent. I'm about to follow the link to check out your current sale. I'm sure the new books will provide a lot of fun inspiration for your art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you enjoy my art! The new books have definitely been inspirational so far. :)

      Delete
  4. I used to feel guilty about spending time reading when I felt like I should be writing instead. Now I like to think of reading as an extension of my writing. Especially when I'm reading other YA fiction. It helps to know what other stories are selling right now and, when I find a really good book, it always inspires me to write better. Hope you enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree. Plus, it'd be way to easy to experience burnout otherwise! And thanks! I've had the time to read Vampire Knight so far and loved it. Now I just need to read the other two!

      Delete
  5. That Vampire Knight cover appeals to me for some reason. Neat title, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matsuri Hino (the artist behind Vampire Knight) always creates such stunning artwork, so I'm not surprised!

      Delete
  6. I'm reading more than I'm writing this year and I'm not feeling any guilt about it at all so if you find yourself reading more manga than drawing... don't be hard on yourself... mkay? :)
    By the way, I've seen Sabrina and the Vampire K at the bookstore. They both sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, definitely not hard on myself! (Especially since I still seem to draw more than read. It's hard to tear myself away for too long!)

      And wow, I'm surprised you were able to find Sabrina at the bookstore! That's the one thing I had to order since my bookstore never seems to carry anything Archie-related...

      Delete
  7. Enjoy your reads! I try to write in order, too, but sometimes a scene will pop up in the wrong place because apparently I couldn't wait to write it! Then I just cut it out and save it elsewhere until the right time has come in my ms for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though I color my comic strips out of order, I can't imagine writing them out of order! I used to do that for my novels, and it was usually...um...disastrous. Glad to see that process works for you!

      Delete