Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Echoing Echo Effect


My webcomic Echo Effect can now be found on Blogger! Its main page is still edgyauthor.com/echo-effect, but anyone who wishes to follow it on Blogger instead can now easily do so. I decided to create a mirror-site for it for two reasons:

1) Ever since premiering Echo Effect back in February, my site host has experienced issues such as DDOS attacks and images not appearing. By hosting my webcomic on Blogger as well, I have a backup for people to go to in case there are ever any more issues or—heaven forbid—the site goes down permanently.

2) There are times when I honestly have no access to the internet. I already know for sure that’ll be happening for a couple weeks this August. Once it does, updating Echo Effect on the main page will be impossible, but thanks to Blogger’s automatic posting option, new comic strips can still show up there. (Don’t worry, anyone keeping up with Echo Effect on the main page will find a link to its Blogger twin whenever this happens. The new strips will be promptly added to the archive as soon as I can access the internet again!)

So yes, Echo Effect is mirroring on Blogger now. Click here to check it out!

12 comments:

  1. Stopped over and saw it. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! Every now and then Blogger will give me a bit of grief, but it's been the most reliable blog/site for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Originally, my personal blog had been over on LiveJournal, and I still cross-post there, but it has so many issues anymore, I can't help but love Blogger now, despite its occasional quirks!

      Delete
  3. That's awesome. Your comics are way cool :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! That makes me happy to hear. :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a great plan! As you know, I adore your comics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really hoping that updating two sites for Echo Effect at once won't end up overwhelming me in the long run!

      Delete
  5. Excellent idea! Blogger is pretty much constant minus the odd hiccup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. Even when there are hiccups with Blogger, it'll hopefully not be at the same time my main site is experiencing 'em, too!

      Delete
  6. Better be safe than sorry. That's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, definitely better to be safe! Even though it's extra work, I feel much more comfortable having a backup site like this...

      Delete