Monday, April 8, 2013

Birthdays and Catch Phrases

Today’s the birthday of my best friend and critique partner, Sarah! Anyone who wants to wish her a happy birthday can do so at her Twitter, Tumblr, or LiveJournal. :)

Being the artist that I am, one of the gifts I like to give her each year is an original piece of art. This year, that art came in the form of her characters being at a birthday party with my character Arden, with the added bonus of them all being little kids, ‘cause hey, why not?


Yep, my character is the one with the wings. As the son of Psyche and Eros, Arden doesn’t understand the concept of birthdays, since they don’t celebrate them in Olympus. He doesn’t understand many mortal things, actually, even as a teenager… (Think I’m kidding? Just look at this pic and this pic. Maybe it's just me, but I think he's developing a catch phrase…)

22 comments:

  1. Hehehe! Maybe it's too overly stimulating for him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I can already tell I love Arden and love his catch phrase. Sadly I find myself saying that way too often too LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this on Sarah's Tumblr! What a unique gift to give each year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to think so! It's always fun for me to give at least one handmade gift like this. :)

      Delete
  4. You can actually sit like that?

    Visiting from the A to Z Blog Challenge. Enjoy the 2nd week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing you're talking about the poses in the picture? If so, yes. I even got into these positions myself to make sure I was drawing them correctly, back when I made this!

      Delete
  5. That is so cute! What a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love making art to give people. :)

      Delete
  6. Looks like a kids' party that's gone somewhat wrong. Happy Birthday, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wouldn't be fun to draw if that party went by perfectly! ;)

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday to Sarah! And what an awesome gift!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scary that I can relate so well to Arden about such things--especially how to wrap a present! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can relate to Arden too much a lot of the time, too, which I guess shouldn't be too surprising, since I did create him and all! XD

      Delete
  9. That is awesome. What a great tribute to your friend too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I always have fun making gifts like this for people. :)

      Delete
  10. Nice gift!@ I love all forms of art, receiving an original HH- is a pretty cool thing. Happy B-day to your CP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, art is always such a fun gift to receive! (I may be biased, though, since I love giving art, obviously, haha.)

      Delete
  11. I know it's late (sorry, I usually only check Heather's LJ), but thank you to all of you who wished me a happy birthday! Heather has been making me art for a few years now for not just my birthday, but holidays like Halloween and Christmas too and it is always one of my favorite gifts! Not only because I think she's super talented, but because it's so cool having pictures of my characters to keep me focused on writing their stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'll continue making you art for years to come, as long as I'm able! ;)

      Delete