Monday, April 15, 2013

A Year of Echo Effect

It’s been exactly one year since my Echo Effect characters first popped into my head. Crazy, right?! It’s hard to imagine I already have their webcomic up and running, since a year really isn’t that much time to plot out years’ worth of strips, create character designs, etc. Heck, back in August, I still didn’t even know what type of clothes Nicholas wore and had forced him to wear pink aprons until I figured that out.

Speaking of Nicholas, did you know I originally planned for him to be raven-haired? ‘Cause I did, but it just looked awful in Photoshop. Then I made him blond…and didn’t like that, either. Pretty boys being blond is just so typical, after all. So, I made him a redhead. I can no longer imagine him with any other hair color!

As a shout-out to my original plans for Nicholas, though, I gave his dad dark hair…

 
Yep, I finally finished that comic I mentioned on Friday featuring three-year-old Nicholas! Nicholas’ dad still lives at home with his mom here, since he was just a teen when becoming a father. Unfortunately, this makes him think he can dump all his parenting responsibilities on her, since he just refuses to grow up.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go continue celebrating Echo Effect by working on future comic strips for it. My characters somehow think it’s smart for me to color fourteen of these at once…

14 comments:

  1. Congrats on a year! It's been fun to follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad it's been fun to follow, since it's definitely been fun to make! :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! The comic is fantastic. I can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to share more! ;)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! That is a lot of work in one year! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It definitely was. I can't believe I've come this far with this project already!

      Delete
  4. I think this may be my favorite so far. No idea why. It just is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, a favorite?! Glad you liked it that much! :)

      Delete
  5. One year? Holy macaroni that's awesome!! I think the red hair is fitting, though I do have a thing for dark haired men *sigh*

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have plenty of other guy characters with dark hair, so I think it worked out for the best that Nicholas ended up a redhead. :)

      Delete
  6. Wow! It's been a year already? How awesome that you've been inspired to draw these comics for that long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! I can't believe I actually managed to turn this into a webcomic after such a short amount of time. There are other ideas of mine that I've been wanting to turn into webcomics much longer this, so it's funny how Echo Effect ended up being the one to win out!

      Delete