Monday, March 11, 2013

Oh My Gods!

 
Oh My Gods! was the first webcomic I ever read and is—quite frankly—still the best one out there to me. Even though it's no longer updated, two omnibus editions were recently released that collect this series' entire run. For those of you who’ve never heard of it before, this is how the website describes it:

Oh My Gods! - the Pagan Based Comic Strip for the Polytheistic Masses!™ - is a webcomic written and illustrated by Shivian Balaris, which debuted in March 7th, 2002 and reached it's finale on June 3rd, 2010. It's primarily a humorous take in the life of Neopagan, Pagan, Wiccan faiths, and their interactions with Christian Fundamentalists, homosexuals, and more. The strip's most frequent area of focus for it's humor, however, was to make fun of 'itself' (the neopagan community it lived amongst).

I’ve already read the ebook for the first omnibus, and I must say, I can’t remember the last time anything has made me laugh as much as this comic does. Can you blame me, when it’s full of awesomeness like this…


…or this…


…or this?


Yeah, thought not. ;)

So, needless to say, I am beyond ecstatic that both these omnibuses have finally been released, allowing me to relive this hilarious webcomic anytime I want! What about the rest of you? Anyone else an Oh My Gods! fan like me?

12 comments:

  1. I like the annoying fairies. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a running gag in the comic of those fairies tormenting Victor. Easily one of my favorites! :P

      Delete
  2. LOL! I haven't heard of this comic series, but it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I never get tired of reading it. :D

      Delete
  3. *LOL* Fantastic! I'll have to check out more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's such a hilarious webcomic. :)

      Delete
  4. LOL
    LMAO
    ROFL

    *wipes tears*
    Thank You! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *hee* Glad you found these strips as amusing as I do! :D

      Delete
  5. Will definitely have to check out more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I hope you enjoy this series if you do check out more. :)

      Delete
  6. My favorites are the pope hat kite, and anything with the Futhark kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, those are all great! It's really hard for me to pick favorites from this series, honestly, since Oh My Gods! was all-around awesome...

      Delete