Friday, February 1, 2013

Wherein Art Pawns All!

I kind of dropped off the face of the blogosphere, didn’t I? I’m not even ashamed that it happened, because although I’m completely behind on blogs, being away helped me complete more art than I would have otherwise—so much so, my monthly total for January ended up skyrocketing to 24!

Even better? I finally managed to finish the first three months’ worth of strips for my webcomic Echo Effect. As some of you might remember, that’s how much I was hoping to wrap up before sharing them. Keep an eye out for the premiere this month!

Time to happy-dance, yes? Yes!


It’s also time to get back to working on more art, since I signed up for Jeannine Garsee’s Grapemo. My goal for it is to complete at least 12 more comic strips for Echo Effect. Fingers-crossed that January wasn’t a fluke and that I can, indeed, pull this off!

14 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Glad to hear your artwork is progressing! I'm looking forward to the comic strip. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Now that I can premiere this anytime, I'm starting to feel really nervous about it, so hopefully I won't chicken out!

      Delete
  2. Great to hear you got some good work done! Balancing it with blogging can be tricky sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely tricky! I need to remind myself to not slack off from blogging as much as I do. It's always less time-consuming to catch up every other day than every other week!

      Delete
  3. Yahoo! Work is more important than blogging. I can't wait to see the comic. I have trouble finding the balance sometimes. Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, balance isn't the easiest thing to find most of the time! Hopefully the comic won't be disappointing once I premiere it. Hope you have a fantastic weekend as well!

      Delete
  4. That's awesome! Good job! I look forward to seeing your work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to finally share, even though I'm nervous about it. It feels like I've been waiting to share some of these comic strips forever!

      Delete
  5. Sometimes you need to get away to get things done. Glad you're back, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, getting away is definitely necessary sometimes. I'm a terrible multitasker!

      Delete
  6. Crossing Fingers for you to have an equally productive month in February. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for a productive January! Sounds like you had a great month. I hope February is equally as awesome for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the plan! (As long as I don't fall flat on my face trying to be productive, anyway, haha!)

      Delete