Thursday, January 3, 2013

Art Made in 2012

2012 has been a great year for me when it comes to making art. How great? Just see for yourself:


Yep, I completed 129 whole pieces this past year! About half of these can’t be shared online yet, since they spoil my projects too much. Still, below are previews of the ones I can share; just click on an icon to view the full-sized image! Each section lists pieces from oldest to newest, so you can get a sense of how my skills have evolved throughout the year…

Commissions
(Art others have hired me to make.)


Fan Art
(Fandoms featured: Supernatural; Class of the Titans; Lynne Ewing’s Sons of the Dark; A Nightmare on Elm Street/Twilight; Point Pleasant; Peppermint Rose; Josie and the Pussycats; Archie Comics; Archie Comics/Death Becomes Her; The Vampire Diaries—Book; The Vampire Diaries—TV; Archie Comics/Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog; Archie Comics/Class of the Titans)

 

 



Miscellaneous

Mythology
(Myths featured: Melinoe; Narcissus & Echo)


Project: Cruel Melody




Project: Echo Effect






Project: Epic Failures


Project: For the Love of Gods


Project: Hell Hath No Fury


Project: Lunacy



Project: Only Human



Project: Ravenous



Reaper Fan Comics
(Comics based off the prematurely cancelled TV show Reaper.)



Sarah’s Characters
(Art based off my critique partner’s characters!)


Torture Club Art
(A world where my characters can mingle with my critique partner’s, and where fourth walls don’t exist!)


Is it crazy if I want to make twice as much art as this throughout 2013? Hmm…

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully I can keep up this pace in 2013...

      Delete
  2. Wow! That's so awesome you were able to double your artwork from 2011 to 2012! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I still can't believe I made so much art this year. I can't help but feel accomplished!

      Delete
  3. Holy cow! You're amazingly productive. Great work! Hope you keep rolling along in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope so, too. Art is my main passion right now, so I'd really hate to lose this streak!

      Delete
  4. Since LJ's being lame and not letting this post look as awesome over there as it looks here, I figured I'd comment here for a change! :)

    I am so, so proud of you! You nearly doubled last years total and I have no doubt that you can double 2012's this year. I mean we were already well into the year when EE officially took over your life. If you'd been on that pace ALL year, 2012's number would have been so much higher.

    It was so fun seeing some of these older pieces again. It's hard to believe they're already a year old. I personally know there are so many more awesome ones than you can even reveal, I can't wait until everyone else gets to finally see them!

    Is it weird that Zombie Arden is still one of my favorite pictures from this year? Probably not, since I'm his biggest fangirl and all. ;)

    Great Job, Heather! Best of Luck in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to believe they're already a year old.

      It's funny how you say that, 'cause for me, it's strange to think that they're only a year old. My art has changed so much this year, seeing pieces from the first half of 2012 always makes me go, "WTF?!" Haha!

      LOL, not surprised at all that Zombie Arden is still one of your fave pieces! I still like it, too. (Despite how aggravating it was to make!) I really want to do some creepy pieces again. We'll see if I actually get around to doing that!

      Thanks for the luck, btw! :)

      Delete
  5. Nice being able to see so many all in one place. And they all have so much personality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always try my best not to make the pictures feel static...

      Delete
  6. You definitely had a busy, artsy year! I"m sure 2013 will add more pieces to your growing gallery :)
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That is an amazing amount of art! Congratulations on having such a productive year and I hope 2013 is just as successful for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Not sure if I'll be as successful this year, but I'm definitely going to try!

      Delete
  8. Hi, I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! Details are here. :) http://throughthegateway.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete