Thursday, November 1, 2012

Goodbye, October...

It seems like all I had to do was blink for November to be here. How did that happen?!

Despite how quickly October passed for me, I did manage to accomplish quite a bit, art-wise. Nine whole pieces were completed this past month, with eleven others currently in the coloring stage. (Yes, I’m coloring eleven pieces at once. What?!) The eleven in-progress pieces, plus one of the completed ones, are pages for a webcomic I hope to debut in 2013, starring my characters Nicholas and Coco:


(Full Size / Purchase a Commission!)

I don’t want to give too much about Echo Effect away, since the plan is to have readers uncover things along with the characters, but I will say that it involves Greek mythology—that’s always fun, right? ;)

I refuse to rest until I have three months' worth of strips made for this webcomic—I have to have a decent buffer before I debut it, after all—so, for that reason, I won’t be participating in NaNoWriMo. Since I know plenty of you reading this will be, though, I wish you good luck! NaNoWriMo can be such a draining endeavor, so I applaud all of you who are charging at it head-on this year.

What about the rest of you? What do you hope to accomplish throughout November, or even the rest of 2012? Sound off in the comments!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a really busy October - that's probably why it went so quickly! : )

    As you know, I'm taking part in NaNoWriMo this year, so my aim for November is to write 50,000 words of my new project. Should be a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if I can blame productivity on the quickness. This entire year has gone by really fast for me!

      Good luck with NaNoWriMo! I've done it a couple times in the past, but have never been able to reach 50K in a month. Hopefully you end up being more successful with it than I've ever been!

      Delete
  2. Good luck on your goals!

    I'm participating in NaNoWriMo again, so that's part of my November goal. I'm also proofreading and formatting a collection for print and ebook formats that I hope to release later this month.

    And I swear the entire year has gone by too fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you have a lot on your plate this month. Good luck with NaNoWrimo and all the proofreading/formatting!

      I agree, this year has gone by far too quickly. It feels like 2012 just started, and already it's almost 2013!

      Delete
  3. Ooh, web comics are fun! :) I don't think I could ever do one of those because they're so much work, but I have a lot of respect for those who can pull it off. Wow.

    Oh, NaNo. Not doing that, either. But it should be fun to watch from the sidelines and cheer everyone on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's definitely a lot of work. There are so many webcomic artists out there that I admire, so I'm doing my best to model myself after their work ethic!

      That's what I plan to do during NaNoWriMo, too--cheer everyone else on! Someone's gotta do it, after all. ;)

      Delete