Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Boys Just Wanna Have Fun

Since this project is on my mind all the time lately, here's more art of my Echo Effect characters! This piece is of Nicholas goofing off with Coco's little brother Tad, 'cause hey, why not?


And here's what this piece looked like before I got around to inking/coloring it:


Anyone who follows me on Twitter might remember how much I angsted about argyle when I made this back in September. Nicholas' insistence to wear sweater vests like this will be the death of me, I swear....

6 comments:

  1. I love seeing how the picture progressed from a pencil drawing to colored in. That's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't help but feel uneasy whenever sharing rough versions of my art, but I know I always enjoy seeing other artists share similar things, so I'm trying to get more brave. :)

      Delete
  2. I, too, love seeing the progression! Argyle...I once had a yellow/maroon/green vest of my own. Loved it. Adored it actually. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! As for argyle...awesome to wear, but a pain to draw. ;)

      Delete
  3. This is so cool. I am useless with art. I envy people who have that talent.
    PS. I have an award for you on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was an artist before I was a writer, so it just comes naturally to me.

      And ooh, an award? I'll have to keep an eye out for that post as I slowly but surely catch up with blogs this week! ;)

      Delete