Saturday, September 1, 2012

Goodbye August, Hello September...

How is it that another month has passed already? 2012 really needs to slow down if it wants me to keep up with it!

Anyway, since another month has passed, exactly what have I managed to accomplish in that time?

Diddlysquat, if you simply focus on writing. I wrote a grand total of zero words throughout all of August. (My fault, since my indifference toward writing lately has kept me from putting in the effort to attempt it….)

However, just because I failed as a writer doesn’t mean I failed as an artist! Counting only the artwork I’ve managed to not just sketch, but ink and color, I made a total of thirteen pieces back in August. That number easily would have been sixteen, but I didn’t quite finish the three pieces I was working on yesterday, despite coloring them for thirteen hours straight. Bright side: I will likely have three pieces to count as September accomplishments by the end of day, so at least I’m already off to a good start!

What about the rest of you? What did you guys manage to accomplish throughout August? Sound off in the comments!

8 comments:

  1. August was not a productive month for me! I finished a short story, but didn't work on my novel at all! School starts next week, it'll be better then, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, you finishing a short story is still a bigger writing accomplishment than what I managed to pull off in August, so go you! I'm sure you'll be able to squeeze in even more writing come next week. ;)

      Delete
  2. I participated in WoC, which led to revising my query and first chapter. So that's good. Oh, and I wrote my first ever compete book proposal for another manuscript at the request of an agent reading the full. :) I expect September to be much more productive, with the kids going back to school and all. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though you hope to be more productive, it sounds like you accomplished quite a bit back in August! Things like queries and proposals are always extra-frustrating to me, so the fact that you worked on both of those is impressive! Hope all goes well with the agent who has a full. :)

      Delete
  3. I was so busy at the day job during August that I hardly got any writing done. But now I have two weeks off work and I plan to get lots of writing done. Hopefully I'll have a productive September to make up for my not-so-productive August. But I'm with you - I just don't know where 2012 has disappeared to so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck squeezing in some writing time during your days off! Gotta take advantage of breaks like that when you can, after all. ;)

      Delete
  4. You sure were on a roll with art! You'll get back to writing, so don't fret over it.

    I worked through a revision. Whew. And more of that to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny thing is, I'm not really fretting about the lack of writing. I don't really seem to care about it much anymore, which is...strange. Not sure if it'll pass or not, but at least I have art to keep me entertained in the meantime!

      Hurray for working on revisions! Good luck with all that you have left to do. :)

      Delete