Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Screw Love Triangles--I Want Bromances!

I made The Vampire Diaries fan art! And no, when I say that, I don't mean the TV show. I mean the awesomeness that is the books. The original four, anyway, not the WTFness that is The Return. *cough* Why are the books awesome? Because one of the many things they include that the television adaptation doesn't is a totally bromancey friendship between Stefan and Matt!

Photobucket

Stefan was actually almost smiling, and though Matt’s mouth was serious his blue eyes were dancing. Astonished at herself, Elena realized she was jealous. There was a warmth between the two boys that shut her out completely.
--The Vampire Diaries #1: The Awakening, by L. J. Smith

6 comments:

  1. I still haven't got around to reading the Vampire Diaries books, but I'm all for a bit of bromance in the show. I especially loved the Damon/Alaric bromance. *sob* I think I need to write more bromances into my own novels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the bromance between Alaric and Damon on the show was definitely fun. It would've been nice to see TV!Stefan have a bromance, too, though. Dude needs some friends!

      I need to write more bromances into my books as well. I have a bad habit of writing mainly boy/girl friendships...heh.

      Delete
    2. Well, it's not a bromance, but I think Stefan has a really nice friendship with Caroline on the show. I would've liked to have seen more of this friendship with Lexie too - loved her. Maybe Stefan just gets on better with girls?

      Delete
    3. Oh, that's true. I've always enjoyed the friendship Stefan had with Lexi, and then Caroline, on the show. I wish they'd explore his relationship with Caroline some more, but the writers seem to not care so much about expanding their friendship.

      Delete
  2. I think I'm going to pick the books up. I'm sick of the TV show. I might catch up on Season 3 but right now, I'm happy not knowing what happens. Although I do know Elena is now a vamp.

    I agree with Samarz! The Damon/Alaric thing was so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the TV show is definitely getting annoying. Season 3 was so...ugh. I'm not looking forward to season 4, to be honest. If I continue to be unimpressed, I'm going to give up on it. (And I likely will, based on the spoilers I've been hearing about the upcoming season...ergh.)

      The books are amazing, and nothing like the TV show. The characters might seem too unlikable in the beginning, but believe me when I say they grow on you the more they evolve! (Also, I'd suggest just reading the first four, since The Return trilogy following it is so WTF?!)

      Delete