Thursday, August 16, 2012

Goodbye, Insulin Pump...

Insulin Pumps
For eight years, I’ve had insulin pumps through the company Deltec Cozmo. (I’m a type-1 diabetic.) Unfortunately, they stopped making them about four years ago, so when the warranty finally expired for my latest pump, I was forced to go with a new company. So far, I’m liking the Animas pump, but I can’t help but prefer Deltec Cozmo. (My first two pumps were from them, after all.) Had to send my old pump out to the Animas company today in order to save money on my new one. I cried while packing it up, I must admit. I’m going to miss it. :(

8 comments:

  1. At least the new company isn't disappointing you, performance wise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's true. I have no choice but to use this new pump for years, so it'd suck if I ended up disappointed with it!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I hope so! Some people think I'm strange to get so sentimental over inanimate objects like this one, but I can't help it....

      Delete
  3. When it's something that improves your life, it's perfectly understandable to miss it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so! I'm used to being judged for getting so attached....

      Delete
  4. *hugs* I completely know what you mean.

    I take medication to control my disease and I worry all the time that the company will stop making it when I need it so much.

    I'm sorry you have to use the new pump. I get attached to things I've had for a long time too!

    At least it looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least with me, I know that there are other companies that make pumps, and that even if there weren't I could always go back to shots. It'd be scary if your medicine was no longer made, with how important it is!

      Delete