Friday, May 25, 2012

Disappearing Again...

Unless I get a chance to hop on over to the library and access the internet there, you guys probably won’t hear from me again until June 14th at the earliest, when my monthly gigabyte usage renews. Despite no longer signing online every day, and visiting only a small fraction of the sites I used to, something seems to keep eating up my usage more than it should. Even signing on for just a minute and opening no browsers eats up a noticeable chunk. Every time I think I’ve figured out the cause, it turns out not to be so, which is frustrating, to say the least. Signing on again before the 14th will likely result in me going over my limit and being charged a hefty fine—something I’d like to avoid, thank you very much. So yeah, this is me, disappearing, but hopefully with a return featuring far less hiatuses than I’ve been forced to do throughout all of 2012!

4 comments:

  1. Have you called up your internet provider? And is it password protected? And are you the only one using the internet?

    I would be concerned if that happened to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've called them a couple times, but that hasn't really been any help. It's not password protected, since there's no password feature, but they said there was no way anyone could be hijacking my internet. I'm the only one in the house who uses it, so it's utterly insane how fast the usage is getting eaten up, especially since I've never had this problem before. Sigh.

      Delete
  2. Such a huge bummer. I hope you get things figured out soon. In the meantime, yes! Use the internet at the library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had been hoping to go to the library sometime before it renewed on the 14th (today), but whoa, time sped by me. It's funny how easy it is to live without the internet when there's no easy access to it. (I still missed it, though!) Haven't figured out the problem yet, but fingers crossed that I will soon....

      Delete