Sunday, April 29, 2012

Where Did April Go?!

Seriously, where?! Because I honestly can’t believe another whole month of life has sped by me, or that I pretty much didn’t blog at all for that month, sans one post. Whoops! Hopefully I can start a proper blog catch-up in May, but until then, here’s how my April has been:

Jobs

As some of you may remember, I had an honest-to-goodness job interview back in March. Yeah, well, that led nowhere. I’m guessing they decided to hire someone who has this crazy thing called experience—that, or I failed the mandatory math test, since I found it to be a lot more difficult than it probably should have been. (Yeah, a math test. It was for a cashiering job.) Back to square one for me….

Writing

I managed to add 555 words to CM this month…then promptly deleted them all, because after a bout of writer’s block, I realized that while the words were taking the scene in the right direction, they weren’t the right words to take it in that direction. *head-desk*

Reading

Now here’s something I can be proud of! For the first three months of 2012, I’d been experiencing a huge reading slump and only managed to read around 5-6 books in total. In April, though, I more than doubled that amount with all the books I read! I’m ecstatic, especially since my TBR pile is monstrous in size, so it’s nice to see it shrink for once.

Art

Other than reading, working on artwork seems to be the only thing I’m productive at anymore. I drew, inked, and colored so many pictures and comics, I’ve lost track of how many were done in just April alone. Some of them can already be found in my art gallery. I even finished working on a comic strip someone commissioned, which was…nerve-racking, to say the least, since I’m not used to making art that others request! Luckily, she loved it, so I can now be at ease while I continue working on all the art that’s just for fun!

What about the rest of you? How has your April been? Feel free to link to anything important or exciting I may have missed in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. So sorry about the job. It's a tough market right now in any realm. Keep searching.

    Glad you're back with a little 'where I've been' story though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I were back for real, but issues with my internet have forced me to stay away again, sigh. Someday, I swear, I will say I'm back and have it be true!

      Delete
  2. A Math test? You're kidding!!

    YAY for reading! I haven't had the time recently and I feel empty because of it!

    I hope the writing gets better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I were kidding, but I'm not! Taking that test was torture, even though it was pretty simplistic. *hates math*

      Writing's still been slow, but I've actually written a nice little chunk this month for various projects, so I'm happy for now!

      Delete