Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

I've been very MIA this month, haven't I? Sorry about that! I hope to start catching up with blogs and comments sometime this week. Initially, I started hiding from the blogosphere because I was determined to wrap up chapters 20 and 21 of CM. (Something I'm still trying to do.) Then other pesky things stole my attention, like (more) job-hunting and my computer getting a virus. (Now I know to never slack off on renewing my internet security....)

Even though I haven't officially returned yet, I decided to peek back in on the blogosphere because, hey, it's Valentine's Day! This is a very special day for me, because back in 2009, this is when I finished the first ever draft of FLG. Very freaky for me to realize that this was three years ago already. It's even freakier for me to realize that I started writing that first draft sometime in 2007, making this book around five years old. Where did the time go?!

I have no idea, but since we're on the topic of time and Valentine's Day, it's been a full year since I last shared this pre-FLG comic where Arden pokes fun at the Cupid-hatred his father, the love god Eros, has:

Photobucket
(The artwork makes me cringe now, but it is Valentine's Day, so I can't not share!)

And with that, I'm ducking out again until I start a proper blogosphere catch-up this week. Hope February is treating you all well!

2 comments:

  1. haha! Love the cartoon!

    Talk about temperamental!

    Sorry about your virus. Everyone seems so be getting them at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think anybody would be temperamental if everyone insisted on associating them with a chubby baby named Cupid. XD

      This definitely seems to be the time of year viruses happen. I had gotten one around this time last year, too.

      Delete