Friday, December 9, 2011

Pre-2012 Goals, Revisited

Last week, I announced how, in order to get myself to read and write more this month, I’d be bribing myself with Buffy. For every book I read, I can watch an episode. For every 1K words I write, I can watch another episode.

So, how well has this form of bribery worked since then?

I’ve read a total of two books and written over 3K words, all of which were for CM. In other words, I’ve been able to watch five episodes of Buffy. And I’ve done all this despite being swamped with countless appointments. (I have yet another one today. *twitch*) Awesome, yesss?!


Yes!

I haven’t actually watched all those episodes I’ve earned yet, though. I’ve been too busy writing and reading (especially writing) so I can earn even more episodes. Yeah, I know, totally illogical of me to ignore my prizes, but hey, the bribery is still working, so I’ll procrastinate how I want to! And since my favorite form of procrastination seems to be productivity lately…

Excuse me as I happy-dance!


…and, you know, write and read some more. I still have a long way to go to reach my overall goals, despite how much I’ve accomplished already. (A long way to go that includes 24 books and 13K+ words. Um, yeah.) Don’t suddenly make these goals insurmountable and taunt me, life!


*taunttaunttaunt*

Darn it! Knew life wouldn't play nice for long. Time to chain it up so I can get more accomplished, yes? Yes!


Nyah-nyah, life. Nyah-nyah!

(Sigh, if only....)

What about the rest of you? Are you also progressing well with whatever goals you have this month? Sound off in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment