Friday, December 23, 2011

The Christmas Princess

If you missed it, I recently re-posted a holiday-themed short story here!

Also, guess what? My critique partner, Sarah, has re-posted her holiday-themed short story, too! It has a much more Christmassy feel than mine does, which is oh-so perfect for this time of year. Even better, it's thoroughly heartwarming, not to mention whimsical at times, so those traits alone should make you guys eager to read "The Christmas Princess"!

Need more convincing? Here's a taste of the story:

“How do you know my name?”

With absolute certainty she answered, “Because it’s on the list.”

I took a step forward, feeling heat rise in my cheeks over this stranger seeming to “know” me. “What list?” I demanded.

Noel grinned at me then. “Duh,
the list!”

When I still stood there confused she took a step closer to me and dug into another pocket inside her cloak. She pulled out a piece of paper that had clearly been crumpled one too many times and handed it to me. It was my handwriting, my Christmas list. It’d started out as a series of useless toys, all of which had been scratched out and at the very bottom of the list it just said: My mom. I hadn’t even given the list to anyone. I’d crumpled it up and thrown it away. How could this girl, this stranger, possibly have this?

You want to read the whole thing now, right?! Of course you do! You can do so by checking out her tumblr here, where she's recently re-posted it. If you'd prefer to read it on LiveJournal, though, you can also check out the original post for this story here!

No comments:

Post a Comment