Monday, October 31, 2011

Getting Graphic: October Edition!

I wrote a little over 10K words last month, most of which was for CM! Guess racing to write as many of the Halloween-centered chapters as I could before Halloween arrived was the kick in the pants I needed to get something substantial written. Hopefully this streak will continue in November, despite the fact that I probably won’t be in the mood to write for at least a week, since I’ll be getting my wisdom teeth extracted this Friday. (Eep.)

And now, since I’m already babbling about words and such, here’s the current word count for CM:

22720 / 80000 (28.40%)

I’m so close to 23K! Sure, I’m nowhere near 80K, but still, this is a nice chunk to have written so far. My fear that I could no longer write something new after spending so many years working on FLG is starting to ebb.

Naturally, since I’m still in the middle of CM, I won’t be participating in NaNo this year. What about the rest of you? You diving head-first into the craziness, or are you taking a break to plug away at another project, writing-related or otherwise? Sound off in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. That's a great word count! Well done!

    2007 was a very good month for you! I can see your word count spikes a bit during the summer months. This is great to show your writing progress! Do you make these in Excel?

    I'm not doing NaNo. I'd rather work on my current project.

    If you don't mind me asking, is CM a paranormal young adult novel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Kamille: Yep, I make the graphs in Excel! I like keeping track of my writing progress so I can see when I get weaker, figure out why that might be, and find ways to improve.

    I'm not doing NaNo for the same reason. Seems silly to ditch a project just to work on a new one for NaNo!

    I tend to call it a YA Fantasy, but yes, CM is a paranormal young adult novel! That genre is my default most of the time, heh.

    ReplyDelete